Macs or TV?

Which is is....Your Mac or TV?

• I don't like tv much....I'd rather spend my time on the net with my Mac!

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • I tried...but I cannot seem to get away from the TV!!!

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • half & half...

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
ok I got this idea from that last thread about some tv series called "24"...

I may get in 2 hours of tv a week...4 in a boring/sleepless week for me...

but I almost never watch tv...I tell people since I have the internet...I spend most of my time when I'm doing nothing in front of my TiBook...;)

are there any others out there like me??

Geert

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2001
.be
I only check if there are any good movies on tv.
If there are, I watch them, ohterwise, I spend my time on my mac.

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Kent, UK
I usually have the tv on for news or if there's a good movie (Conan the barbarian was on last night!)

With a computer and the internet you can actually choose your entertainment, rather than being limited to what the tv networks decide to send out.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Originally posted by mcrain
I get lots of channels so I tend to have the TV on.

(Then again, I don't have a mac)
it's ok mcrain...we won't hate u since u have no Mac....but u do have a cool avatar! ;)

mcrain

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2002
Illinois
I can't take credit for the avatar... It looks better when he's banging his head on the keyboard.

3rdpath

macrumors 68000
kill my tv

the mrs and i gave up tv for a year and it was wonderful.

once we hooked up our cable dsl(and the channels that came with it) , we were sucked back in. i prefer the mac though-at least i have control over the content and its somewhat interactive.

i am sorry the osbournes are over for the season. too funny. :)

peterjhill

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle, WA
both, it drives my wife crazy

With the joys of 802.11, I tend to have the tv on with my laptop and either surf the web or play D2 or Galactic BattleGrounds (I have a Dell laptop until my company releases the budget for my new Ti800 (in a few more days my boss says ;-)))

It drives my wife crazy, so I will turn one of the off, it usually depends on whether there is something good on or not.

I would like to see Apple start putting Optical digital out sound into their computers standard. It would make sense, after all, they were the first to have stereo sound standard in their computers, CD-Roms, DVD, DVD-R, why not add Dolby Digital (I guess DTS is out of the question)

Here is a brave prediction, we will see optical or coax digital out on a Mac by the end of the year...

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Once I installed the wireless network in the house, it seems that watching tv and surfing the net/working can be done at the same time. Sometimes, I just don't know how I managed without it.:D

Nice 'tar mcrain, so why isn't it hitting his head on the table?

trinitishwar

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2001
Gainesville, Fl
Definitely my mac, most of what is on the tube is mindless tripe. Give me a browser over a TV anyday. I do have a tool for intellectual regression, but it is only used for DVDs.

gerror

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2001
Netherlands
Half half.
I always have the tv on when I'm working on my Mac. Most of the times the news or some football or lousy shows. Feijenoord won the UEFA-cup yesterday.

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
The simpsons are the best show period.
And that 70s show kicks ass and the football and the cricket. Its the aussie in me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.