MacWorld Boston 2004

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
As has been previously reported, MacWorld Expo 2004 seems more and more likely to take place in Boston.

The organizer of Macworld is near an agreement with City Hall and state convention officials to bring the giant techology show for Apple Computer enthusiasts back to Boston for 2004, the maiden year of the city's struggling $800 million convention center.

Hotel price negotiations seem to have been completed... now the only thing holding it back appears to be a guarantee that the new expo center will be open in time for MacWorld 2004.

TheFink

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2002
I hope Steve eats a tub of baked beans 30 min before the Keynote. Then he can unveil his latest brainchild - iFarted.

suzerain

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2000
Beijing, China
ha...smart.

move the show to a real 'media center'.

the expos ought to be in l.a., chicago and new york. not because they're the best cities or anything, but because they are the big media markets.

boston is cute and all...but pretty much irrelevant to most of apple's core markets (television, publishing , new media, recording industry, film production, etc.)

yes, there has been a tradition of computer DEVELOPMENT there, but i say, go where the users are.

Furious Tiger

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2002
New York City
Re: ha...smart.

Originally posted by suzerain
move the show to a real 'media center'.

the expos ought to be in l.a., chicago and new york. not because they're the best cities or anything, but because they are the big media markets.

boston is cute and all...but pretty much irrelevant to most of apple's core markets (television, publishing , new media, recording industry, film production, etc.)

yes, there has been a tradition of computer DEVELOPMENT there, but i say, go where the users are.
Come on, in Boston? I never understood why they had it there. I'm gonna have o do some research and find out why. What the Hell is in Boston any way. They can't win ball games, going on 82 years now and is there that many media companies that they have to carter to them. Man this is BULL!@#$! it should stay in NYC. Bloomberg should do what everit takes to keep it here. I won't go to Boston for M.W.B. (onlt if I was going to the Bull and Finch, It that still there?) it even sounds WHACK! I

Azzy

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2002
Re: Re: ha...smart.

Originally posted by Furious Tiger
They can't win ball games...
He must mean Football.:rolleyes:

All I have to say is "Momma's comin home!"

Boston is a great town...it may not be as hardcore as NYC, and it may not be related in name to Apple, but F*** it, its about 20 minutes away from me!

Sorry NYC, time to give her back.

Mosco

macrumors regular
May 26, 2002
boston does have a nice size tech sector in the sourounding area not to mention alot of tech schools and other really good schools in the area. it will be nice to see it come back.

whfsdude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2002
Washington DC
I really hope they keep it in new york. new york allows people from dc to take the train up their and boston to take the train down. split the difference. Make nyc the middle.

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
the new york one would be more popular than boston...apple could use some diff convention centre to have the macworlds if its costing so much now lol...

Wyvernspirit

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
Massachusetts
Yay boston!

I will go to it in Boston, but not in NYC. I do not feel at all safe in NY while I don't get the same feeling over boston. Also its alot easier for me to get to boston than NY as I live in one of Bostons subburbs.

whatever

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2001
South of Boston, MA
For starters, it's not all about the actual city, it's about the convention center. I'm from Boston and love NYC, but the convention center sucks (not to mention having to deal with the unions). I do this for a living and NYC is one of the worst union towns in the country (the worst being Chicago then Detroit). The JC can't compete with a brand new convention center in Boston.

In the long run it is much cheaper to go south on route 95 to Boston.

And to that idiot that mentioned we can't win games... Who are the Super Bowl Champions? The Jets? The Giants? The Bills? I don't think so. I believe its the New England Patriots.