MacWorld Expo Hype...

How much hype will Apple put on for Macworld New York?

• Strong hype

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Moderate hype

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Normal hype

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Not much hype at all

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • No hype

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Buffy's bedroom
Just the normal, I say. Last time they went crazy... I don't think we'll see that agin for a while. Unless it's their new plan to hype everything to the maxxx

Comment

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
It kind of depends on where I will be. I might still be in Maine for summer vacation, or maybe I will be at home here in NJ. If I am here or there, especially here, I will be watching as much of the broadcast as I can for Quicktime Streaming, assuming ther eis any this time.

However, I may be on the road home with my parents, so I won't be able to catch the 'cast. But I look forward to seeing what the PowerMacs will bring us; however, I will have to watch the 'cast streaming over 28.8k dial-up.

That's 1000. :cool: :cool:

Comment

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
At my condo in Maine I have an iMac, but I try to keep as little junk as possible on it. But I guess it's not an excellent reason.

Well, you think of a better one! :cool:

Comment

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Buffy's bedroom
Originally posted by billiam0878
As I posted in an earlier tread, the hype/rumors do not seem to be in full gear.
You're right. I keep thinking that maybe poeple realise we won't see an Appel PDA or 2GHz G5s... but there will always be a few who go crazy in the hype (that they are creating themselves)...

Comment

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
i hope theres barely any hype and they give us big stuff like macmaniac said
but they'll probably just put tonnes of hype n dont have anything diff cept processor upgrade on the G4 Imac

Comment
MW Hype

I agree with many of the posts here:

* Apple will hype nothing (considering how badly they flopped last Macworld);

* The rumor sites will continue to hype to completely unrealistic levels, as they always do; Mac worshippers will believe it; reasonably-minded Mac fans will not;

* The actual event itself will bring moderate improvements to the platform as a whole, but nothing near the BS rumor sites' expectations.

* Mac fanatics will either claim that these improvements are the greatest thing to hit the computer world since the microprocessor, or they'll apologetically defend the product line's impotence; less unrealistic Mac fans will be disappointed and will be flamed by the fanatics for feeling that way.

I'm seriously hoping for 1.4GHz G4s, running on a DDR-RAM mobo with IEEE1394b. But if I were to bet on this, I could not.

Comment

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Jan 18, 2002
behind you
Re: MW Hype

Originally posted by Kethoticus

* The actual event itself will bring moderate improvements to the platform as a whole, but nothing near the BS rumor sites' expectations.

If it "BS" then why are you here? ;)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.