Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shadowfax0

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2002
If someone could PLEASE save the keynote for me I'd be truly greatful, post it on KDX (AmbitiousLemon, you have a server, think you might be able to post it there?) Otherwise please send me a PM and just hold on to it, so I can get back to you and give you my email, or whatever, THANKS!!! :D

Nipsy

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2002
Originally posted by shadowfax0
If someone could PLEASE save the keynote for me I'd be truly greatful, post it on KDX (AmbitiousLemon, you have a server, think you might be able to post it there?) Otherwise please send me a PM and just hold on to it, so I can get back to you and give you my email, or whatever, THANKS!!! :D

You can ususally get these from Apple long after the speech has ended. Someone here will post a link to the stream, which will be saved on Apple/Akamai servers for you to watch when you've got time.

fuge

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2002
Tacoma, WA
first time

For the first time in history Mr. Jobs will wear a white mock turtleneck to show off the now PowerMac line which will all be in a stunning white case.

-fuge

DavPeanut

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2002
Maryland
I cant get RT streaming video, even though I can watch 300k sec. quality prerecorded video from apple quicktime immediatly after I click on it. Then I go to Nick.com, and I get an error.

nickgold

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2001
Tech TV keynote broadcast?

Does anybody know if Tech TV will air the keynote live? I think they've done this in the past, correct?

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Re: Tech TV keynote broadcast?

Originally posted by nickgold
Does anybody know if Tech TV will air the keynote live? I think they've done this in the past, correct?
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
I'm still waiting to see if TechTV announces that they are broadcasting it...

They haven't announced it yet...:(

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by hitman
Didn't TechTv bash the last keynote?

Hardly...Chris Breen from MacWorld magazine was there providing play-by-play analysis...

I think you're probably confusing it with Dvorak's diatribes.:p

blackpeter

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2001
I'm sure TechTV will cover it. They've done it for the past 3 MW's, so I'd say it's become a kind of tradition for them.

audiopainter

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2002
Clearwater, Florida
Let's not forget about the Apple Stores. Last MW I watched the keynote live from the International Plaza in Tampa, Florida surrounded by other mac fans. It was great! Plus, if Apple unveils a product available immediately, you will really be one of the first to get it (before supplies run out in the store) or use it.:cool:

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by audiopainter
Let's not forget about the Apple Stores. Last MW I watched the keynote live from the International Plaza in Tampa, Florida surrounded by other mac fans. It was great! Plus, if Apple unveils a product available immediately, you will really be one of the first to get it (before supplies run out in the store) or use it.:cool:

Good point, and welcome to the forums!

I prefer watching it from home, since I have to be in at work immediately afterwards...but watching it at the local Apple Store would be great fun under different circumstances!:)

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
TechTV Coverage

Here's an email I just got from the TechTV folks regarding the keynote:
Hey folks, I bugged and bugged, and finally someone gave me a hint.
_
I am told the keynote will be in it's entirety, but I cannot promise it will be totally uninterrupted._I also do not have the schedule as yet._ I hear whispers of Brent Larson again, and he did a fine job for you last time.
_
I hope you enjoy the coverage

Cindy Wakeman/WUGNET
for TechTV Audience Feedback
feedback@techtv.com
http://www.techtv.com
_

Sounds like a confirmation to me!:D

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
>(iH8Quark)I've got $20 on Steve wearing a black shirt and jeans. :D

>(fuge)For the first time in history Mr. Jobs will wear a white mock turtleneck to show off the now PowerMac line which will all be in a stunning white case.

What are you two bullsh!!ting about now? The color of Steve's clothes? You two must really be out there... :D

Guys, regarding the Expo using streaming Quicktime...I managed to capture a lot on the San Fransisco Expo with 28.8k dial-up. I lost the video much more often than the sound (but with sh!tty dial-up this "foolish mortal" won't have better luck! :D).

szark

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2002
Arid-Zone-A
Originally posted by Rower_CPU

I prefer watching it from home, since I have to be in at work immediately afterwards...but watching it at the local Apple Store would be great fun under different circumstances!:)

I thought about the Apple Store too, but if it starts at 9 am ET that would be 6 am here -- somehow I don't think they'd open that early... ;)

sinbushar

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2002
Jersey
switch

other than the upgrades in their various lines...the keynote is definately gonna be devoted to switching PC-users to Apples, this is a guarantee...

adel

gropo

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2002
Queens, NYC
well...

I'm getting up "butt crack" early in the morning and riding my pretty Raleigh over to the SoHo 'Gap-ple' in an attempt to suckle the big-screen 'electronic teete' in there... Maybe I'll get lucky, maybe not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.