Mad World for Wii is out tomorrow - any buyers? Post impressions here!

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by spaceballl, Mar 9, 2009.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I bought a Wii on release and haven't bought a game in over a year (last game I bought was Mario). I have a couple PS3 games I need to beat before I pick up another Wii title, but what are everyone's thoughts? Is this game worth buying?

And for those who have bought, starting tomorrow, I'd love to hear impressions! And I want to hear impressions from those who have played other games and having something to compare to, not just those who have been playing Wii-makes for the past year (i.e. their expectations are way lower i think).

Anyhow, the game looks cool!

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm picking it up...it looks well made and besides the gore I think it might be a killer app for the wii(I'm hoping)

Last game I bought for the Wii was House of the Dead and it was a fun grindhouse feature so I'm hoping for another good time with the Wii.

Bless

3. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

As soon as I get my next project going, I'm buying this game. :)

You know, that video where the guy gets thrown into the moon and splatters, that really made me laugh. :eek:

4. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I need some reason to still own my Wii. I haven't played it in ages (well, some World of Goo here and there). Ordered last night on Amazon.

5. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

What a sad time we live in, where as so many morons developers have intentionally neglect a consoles that everybody and their mom owns. Blah...

I would never sell my Wii, because that would mean giving up RE4 and my precious VC games. :)

Well, let us know if you like it.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm skeptical about this one. I think Sega overshot the mark. I don't want to play a violent game just for the sake of its violence. I want a well structured, deep and involving experience that may or may not contain blood and guts.
    Just seems like its Sega's shallow attempt to put violence back into Wii games.

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Eurogamer gave it a 7. Good but not great.... But then an original game on the wii that is not a casual game is really something not to be screamed at, so even if it is only 'good', then its a damn site better than the majority of turds released on the wii.

8. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

5 hours of gameplay for $60? I'll have to wait for a price drop unfortunately, value to dollar ratio needs to be up when you're as poor as I am right now :p

9. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Haha yeah my Wii has just sat without being turned on in over a year. Every day I walk by it and wonder if I should sell it. Then I always let it set in hopes that Nintendo, or some other publisher, will make a game worth buying. I was hoping this might be it. But with my free time being spent on Killzone 2, I'm quite content these days ;)
    I hear ya - I was optimistic because IGN gave it a 9.0. However, I don't completely trust Matt Cassamasina's review of the game. It's not that he's dishonest - far from it. Rather, he has been clamoring for a mature exclusive title for the Wii for sooo long that I figured at the first hint of excitement he'd over-rate a game. So I'm taking his 9.0 to mean more of an 8.0... which means if it is only a 5 hour game, there should be plenty of copies on eBay in the near future - I'll pick one up there.

10. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

What a coincidence, that's the same score they gave RE5. :)

The only reason it's getting my money, is because it's the Okami guys. :] If it were another developer, I would have never given it a second look, unless the reviews came back like they are now.

11. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

It's a Wii game. Adjust your price. :p

12. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

5 hours:eek:...seriously? I was really looking foward to play this but 5 hours is too short. Does it have multiplayer or some sort of mini game thing?

I guess I have to read the reviews.

Bless

13. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

14. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

I downloaded the demo for this off of Nintendo's new Demo Channel. Fun game!

This is just a joke! Nintendo obviously doesn't have a demo channel. I wish they did! Actually, I will be picking up this game...but in a few weeks. So, my review will have to wait until then.

15. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Demo. :D I'll be back later.

G4TV gave this game a 4/5. And just for MacRumorUser, they gave RE5 a 3/5. :)

ARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! All of my batteries are DEAD!!! My only working remote died while I was downloading the Nintendo Channel update... Blah. I think it takes 8 hours to fully charge my batteries... :(

16. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Hmmm...I had my eyes on this, but I've got a long list of titles to pick up with a thin wallet to do it on

It might have to wait!

17. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

;) You almost had me. Sure would be nice wouldn't it. :(

Gamefly just sent me this game yesterday (I didn't even realize it was coming out already) so I should have it this weekend.

18. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

I love it! Only played about two levels, but played them more than once. Then I was kinda busy.... Anyway, the game is really fun but for some it might be too over the top. I finally have an excuse to play my Wii! All my batteries in my 3 controllers were dead, I had to dig for AAs so I could play.

19. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

BASS-TARD!!! :p My Wiimotes aren't even charged. :)

I feel gullible. The only reason I fell for this, is because I haven't really been paying attention to my Wii, and since I had already downloaded demos for my DS in the past through the Nintendo Channel, I didn't think twice about a Wii option... :eek:

20. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Same here, but I only believed it for a second. All my batteries were dead too. Wow.... ironic? Or is it just that the Wii doesn't have much anymore :(

21. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Blah, well I believed it for longer, so there... :eek:

My batteries are actually dead, as in they didn't even charge. :confused: Oh well, I'll buy some of those charger pads from Niko when I pick up this game. :)

Yeah, and the Wii has been neglected by developers -- they suck. O_O

22. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Ya, that's the issue with rechargable batteries. Mine seen to barely last anymore.... I'll charge them up and once I use them they are almost dead.

23. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

There seems to be a right US/UK divide over rechargeable batteries. We all seem to love our rechargeables here, bought a pack of 4 2400mAh ones back when I got our Wii in Jan 2007 and after lots of use they're still in full working order :confused: . I'm still playing Brawl though so mine are always charged :)

24. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm glad I got rechargeable batteries and I use them for other things like SFIV mad catz fighting pad and GH guitar so I'm always with juice:)

I'm actually worried about my 360 recharge batteries because I cant use them in anything else and I barely touch the thing.

Bless

25. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

My batteries are rechargeable 2500mAh Energizers. I have eight of them.

I'm charging the other four right, I'm also hoping the first four weren't in right and will try them again -- cautiously. :(

I bought these batteries in early 2007, I really don't know what their life should be, but 2 years seems short?