Maddow: We've got Trump tax returns [Twitter]

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by logicstudiouser, Mar 14, 2017.

1. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

2. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Apparently they're from 2005.

So probably much ado about nothing.

3. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Yeah, came back to post that.

4. Zenithal macrumors 68040

With a fair amount of research you could have a good guess by extrapolating the data of his return then to now. New business, investments, etc. With Trump Corp being private, you'd be better off getting a records leak of the last decade or the last few years. That would surely blow his top.

5. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

6. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

7. RootBeerMan macrumors 6502

RootBeerMan

I'd rather see his returns from more recent years. 2005 is too long ago, the way things move in the business world.

8. samcraig macrumors P6

I still expect Trump to get annoyed and tweet about it. Also - even if it's from 2005 and not "news" - if it paints Trump as poorer than he says he is, it will infuriate him. Which could be the whole point anyway.

9. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I wonder which member of the administration hid his phone? Because you know they are BEGGING him not to tweet!

10. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

So, literally old news and not much.

$150 million income... seems about right, no?

11. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

This show makes the Geraldo vault episode seem like Emmy material.

12. samcraig macrumors P6

13. logicstudiouser thread starter macrumors 6502

logicstudiouser

Maybe it is just me, but I feel like Trump staged this. lol nothing surprises me anymore.

14. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Well, she got people to watch! Just like Geraldo did (I remember watching that too!).

Not much info on the tax return obviously, but just bringing to the forefront again that he refuses to release any of his returns and there are "coincidental" ties to the Russians.

Not sure this is ever going to end.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 14, 2017 ---
    Wouldn't be surprised. It's leaked and he releases a statement just before confirming the information. So he can say he got one over on the FAKE NEWS.

When in reality, the dude should just scoop them all and release the damned current returns. That would be way more effective.

Also, looks like Comey is going speak about the Trump/Russian probe tomorrow.

15. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

That was brought up by the tax expert they brought on. 45 might have an history of possibly being the one leaking info on himself to distract.

Bottom line, his tax returns of anytime are an issue because he made them an issue with his constant deflections & refusals.

16. samcraig macrumors P6

He won't release them. For one - he doesn't have to (yet by law) and second - it has nothing to do with his Presidency or potential ties to Russia. It's all about maintaining his name - his brand. Because his name/brand is everything to him. He can't afford anything that changes that "gold" lettering to tin. For his family now and himself after he leaves office, that brand name is everything.

17. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Precisely. His family may technically be old money, even with his nouveau riche attitude, but his brand is worth far more than strutting like the big rooster in a hen coop. I firmly believe he doesn't give a damn about being POTUS, but that it'll make him look more powerful to people after his term.

To go after a president as a foreign leader or even after office is tantamount to political suicide for the issuer and an international row. Short of committing a serious crime, a former POTUS or current one is almost untouchable. We're seeing something similar with Erdogan and some countries in Western Europe now. He's making baseless threats and making heinous accusations, deriding Turkey's historic relations with these countries all to save his ass in the upcoming Turkish referendum.

18. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Ohh I know he won't. Which means that he's hiding something. Whether it's the sources of income, or the fact that he isn't as successful as he claims to be. Something.

And as long as he doesn't it's going to be a distraction.

19. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Another distraction created by Trump to divert attention from the fact that Comey will make a public statement tomorrow regarding the alleged FBI surveillance of the Trump campaign.

20. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Liberals: Trump paid no taxes ever!!

Liberals: Trump made no income at all and isn't a billionaire!!

Reality: Paid $38 million in one year and made more than 1/10 of a billion dollars.

Liberals: We need to see more recent years!!

21. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I know you're in a rush to insult liberals, but the point about current returns is also for the people that want to find something on him. Something from 2005 will have zero impact. Get the current returns and I'll be impressed.

But yeah, wouldn't surprise me at all if he leaked this. And if he did, why did he leak something so old?

Just seems dumb.

22. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

If you follow his story, tax returns before 2009 can only be revealed. From 2009 - is what he claims he is being audited for and can't reveal. Even though it's been widely stated that he can release them. Also there's no evidence of those years being audited, just his say so. Hmmm... Maybe Obama? :eek:

23. samcraig macrumors P6

Interesting thoughts I just read and thought I'd share.

• The White House was forced to respond even before her show began! The show will now turn the heat up even higher on Trump, forcing even Republicans to demand the release of his tax returns.

• It's the first two pages, but there's more info being withheld on the other pages.

• These first two pages show that he paid taxes, but that he had to do so because of the alternative tax system (which ironically he is trying to demolish - coincidence?).

• It shows that there are a lot of unanswered questions about his finances and that they are hiding something.

• It shows that he lied about how much he makes, and possibly how much he is worth (more lies).

• RUSSIA ! This continues digging deeper into the Trump/Russia connections, especially regarding the money he owed and the money that was exchanged (the Russian Oligarch who bought Trumps house for an exorbitant price when housing market was very low / never moved in / tore down the property / showed up on campaign trail near trump several times).