Made quick (wrong) color decision. Will Verizon/Apple swap?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RedlegsFan, Oct 5, 2014.

1. RedlegsFan macrumors 6502

i ordered a (Verizon) iPhone 6 Plus 64gb Space Grey last week. I did so via our corporate online equipment purchase website. I should have gotten the Silver/White color. My question is, when the phone is delivered to me, am I able to take the unopened phone into Verizon or Apple and swap it out for the color I want if it's in stock?

Thanks

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You might, it all depends on what they have in stock and the possibly if the manager wishes too. Another alternative is to slap a case on that bad boy :)

3. RedlegsFan thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, true but I really prefer the white front.

Has anyone else ever done a color swap?

4. FireCapt macrumors regular

FireCapt

I did the color swap, do it within the 14 day thing though. Verizon is pretty good about it so long as the phone is in prestine condition:).

5. RedlegsFan thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you. I will give it a shot after receiving the space grey in the mail. Hopefully I can take it right in and swap ...as long as they have the inventory.

6. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

7. KG5429 macrumors member

I did a color swap yesterday at Apple. They were even nice enough to hold a SG for me while I drove an hour to the store.

8. Zinthar macrumors 6502

Did Verizon charge you the $35 restocking fee or did you convince them to do otherwise? I'm 5 days into my 14 and am considering switching the 6 for a 6 Plus. My 6 is in pristine condition.

9. dannynjoni macrumors member

I had ordered the Space grey color but lucked into a silver/white. Thought I'd switch later but I slapped a Project Red leather Apple case on it and I'm in love. ;)

At the Apple Store I was told that a swap withing 14 days (and NOT 15! Lol) is absolutely no problem and there is no re-stocking fee. Made my choice easy in the moment and now I couldn't be happier anyways. Love the silver/white!

10. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

I think it depends on the store. At the Apple store in SF, I inquired about a swap and they guy said if I wanted to, they could extend it to 30 days since they didn't have any stock at the moment. In either case, I decided not to swap my space grey for a silver/gold.

11. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

If your within your 2 weeks return it and buy the right one ;)

12. FireCapt macrumors regular

FireCapt

no , they were cool and didn't charge me :)

13. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Last time I heard it has to be exact same model exchange. From the previous posts, it looks like apple will allow it within the 14 day no questions asked window. As far as for me, I preplan and decide in advance so I will be sure what I'm getting before I order it. Haha

14. carlos916 macrumors regular

carlos916

will apple care transfer over to the new one ?

15. RedlegsFan thread starter macrumors 6502

Will Apple let me swap (my unopened iPhone) colors even if I purchased online from Verizon?