Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Webster's Mac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 18, 2016
Hi all! My Magic Mouse 2 and Magic Keyboard 2 have not worked properly ever since macOS Sierra. I have had input lag and issues with connecting/keeping a connection. They work correctly under El Capitan, and have no input lag on unsupported versions such as Mavericks and Mountain Lion. I have tried resetting PRAM and SMC, and I have used the Magic Mouse at the Apple Store on an iMac and it seems to have input lag as well, though not as bad as mine. Does anybody have any issues with theirs? Thanks!

Webster's Mac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 18, 2016
Test in safe mode, you likely have some utility or app running that impedes their function.
Tried that and it still isn't as smooth as El Capitan. Also ran the extended hardware test with Apple Hardware Test and it did not come up with anything

DPUser

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2012
Rancho Bohemia, California
Methinks Sierra messed up the Magic Mouse... less accurate cursor movements and scrolling issues. I'm running 12.2 and MM2 with bluetooth 4.0.

Hoping an OS update fixes this.

Jodiuh

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2009
Methinks Sierra messed up the Magic Mouse... less accurate cursor movements and scrolling issues. I'm running 12.2 and MM2 with bluetooth 4.0.

Hoping an OS update fixes this.
I've only had the magic mouse for a couple days, but it doesn't feel as precise as the trackpad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.