Magic Mouse users: How are you invoking Exposé and Dashboard now?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by pastrychef, Nov 7, 2009.

1. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

Subject pretty much says it all...

I've resorted to going back to function keys. How are the rest of you guys coping?

2. CristobalHuet macrumors 65816

CristobalHuet

Hot corners.

I use Dashboard sparingly, and that's on my keyboard.

I mostly had Spaces as the squeeze buttons with my Mighty Mouse...Spaces is now in the top right, Expose bottom right, works fine for me!

3. joehahn macrumors regular

I don't have one....yet....but i do use a mouse that doesnt do it with my macbook pro. When i wanna go into exposé i do then 4-finger swipe. If you're working with a desktop, then the best ideas are either using the key for them on the keyboard, or you can use hot corners which can be found in the system preferences menu.

4. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

I have always used hotcorners, bottom right show all, top right hide all (show desktop).

Don't have the magic mouse, but thats how I do it because the mx revolution is keyed to other things.

Works great, but is sometimes not useful with a dual monitor setup. If you are on the left side, not convenient to go to the right side.

5. RichardI macrumors 6502a

RichardI

Same way I always have - F3 and F4 :). It's faster than any mouse.

Rich :cool:

6. Cyclotrode macrumors regular

Cyclotrode

Using the function keys for now. Hopefully a software update in the future will allow a swipe gesture for Dashboard and Exposé.

7. tri3limited macrumors 6502

Thread on this earlier today using software called MiddleClick. Users have been reporting mixed responses but all in all it seems like a decent short term solution. I'm expecting Apple to issue some extra functions over time. Swipe, scroll and left/right clicking seems to be an awful waste of a touch sensitive device.

Before you say the site says it's for MacBooks etc. comment 72 states;

"I just tested, and this application WORKS with Magic Mouse!
    Only downside is that you have to tap with three fingers, and not click, which seems a little getting used to.

Maybe something to look in to.
    Anyways thanks a lot for your work!"

LINK: http://clement.beffa.org/labs/projects/middleclick/