Magic TrackPad, or Magic Mouse? (please don´t say both)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by iSayuSay, May 8, 2011.

?

Which one did you choose with your new iMac?

1. Magic TrackPad!! .. since I hate the Tragic Mouse

206 vote(s)
    70.1%
  2. Magic Mouse!! .. since I don´t sit well with Tragic MacPad

88 vote(s)
    29.9%
  1. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

So, for you who already/going to purchase the new Sandy Bridge iMac, which one you´d choose?

Magic Mouse OR Magic Trackpad?

Yeah, for another $70 you may get both :rolleyes: .. but I´m talking about option here. For no additional cost, which do you prefer?

I chose Magic TrackPad since I dread Magic Mouse, the lack of third button, flattened and unergonomic design turn me off from Apple Tragic Mouse

My friend own the mouse, and I tried it for about 2 hours. Dang .. I think I´ll have carpal syndrome if I use it for any longer

And nothing in Magic Mouse considered special if you own Magic TrackPad, combined with humble regular mouse, or even better .. a gaming mouse

So, which one do you choose? Please VOTE !! :)

2. 100Teraflops macrumors 6502a

100Teraflops

I will vote for the trackpad since I do not have it. If I order an iMac, then I will bto in order to receive a trackpad and a wired keyboard. The magic mouse does not bother me too much. However, the meaty portion of my palm hurts after prolong use.

3. NannyJordyn macrumors member

I have never used either, so honestly can't choose.

Perhaps in a couple of weeks I'll have an opinion as to which I prefer, as I did order both with my iMac.

4. Lord Appleseed macrumors 6502a

Lord Appleseed

I chose Magic Trackpad because I already own a Magic Mouse, also I wanted to try.

5. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

Every single trackpad I have used has pissed me off....they are all too tedious for me. Apple trackpads are better than most, but still.

6. Aksta macrumors regular

I went for both the magic mouse and trackpad and im finding that i only use my trackpad occasionally and i use the mouse more. Though i do prefer having both on the desk. I would go for the magic mouse if i had to choose one.

7. Kendo macrumors 68000

Magic Trackpad. The iMac finally has an awesome GPU so it deserves nothing less than a great gaming mouse. Wireless keyboard with a Magic Trackpad and my Logitech G9x is the ultimate setup for me.

8. Bearxor macrumors 6502a

I picked the mouse, but should have went with the trackpad. I think if there was a way i could switch the mouse to two-finger scrolling instead of one, I'd be a lot happier. Right now I'm getting a lost of false scrolling by letting my finger rest on the mouse.

9. EEXOOO macrumors regular

Trackpad! If it's between Logitech Mouse and Trackpad, I will say both.

10. iSayuSay thread starter macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Well yeah, but then we´ll compare apple vs oranges :p

I still confused about mouse option. I want bluetooth mouse so bad, excellent ergonomic and having built in recharge function is preferable. And having a quite good precision laser sensor

Any suggestion?

11. Chazn macrumors regular

I pulled a "finger hamstring" while trying to do those finger swipes on my friends' Magic Mouse.

Magic mouse really sucks. Hate it. Worst Apple design ever

12. benjayman2 macrumors 6502

benjayman2

Have to agree. Cramped up my hand like no other.

13. Bardofar macrumors newbie

I chose the magic mouse, witch i may regret. I have still not read any positive reviews on the magic mouse, i may run to the store and pickup a Trackpad when my imac + Magic mouse arrives.

Im just wondering how that trackpad will work doing daily stuff on the mac. and how bad the mouse will fit my hand.

maby ill end up with an old Logitech mouse, you know old habits are hard to change :)

14. EEXOOO macrumors regular

I have no recommendations for a bluetooth mouse but I'm currently using the MX1100 and it seems the M950 is it's successor.
    This is one of the most comfortable mouse I've used and will definitely get the M950 if my MX1100 breaks down. You might want to have a look at the M950.

15. EEXOOO macrumors regular

I should say a mouse is faster and more precise but the trackpad is more fun.
    Mouse is a necessity and the trackpad is a want. Most of the time (daily stuffs) though I'm using the trackpad.

16. PrincessQuyen macrumors newbie

i choose the mouse. i get this burning feeling on my fingertips when i use it alot. i have the iphone and i can't play on it for too long because my fingers will start burning. even when im texting, i get that feeling.. ;(

17. xMClass macrumors 6502

I never liked the track pad on my MacBook Pro, I'm currently using a Magic Mouse with it, I'll be using the same with my new iMac.

18. andylee-me-uk macrumors newbie

At the moment the magic mouse is more useful for me. However, I expect that Lion will change all that.

19. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

I go with the trackpad because I love my mbp' trackpad. I would actually prefer if apple released a keyboard with a trackpad similar to the mbp. It works better than a separate keyboard + trackpad for me. I still use a normal mouse for some things. Trying to highlight and select some things is too much of a pain for me without a traditional mouse. I also find that the trackpad does not work well for me in windows.

20. leman macrumors 604

Apple trackpads are best trackpads the industry has seen yet. I find them to be much more convenient for work than mice. For my future iMac, i will be getting a trackpad. I already own an excellent mouse for gaming :)

21. aniketroxx macrumors member

aniketroxx

Track doesn't make much sense if you are gaming or doing video editing . I am happy with magic mouse

22. Hibernia macrumors member

I'll be ordering a trackpad instead of the magic mouse also a wired kb.

I know (fairly certain anyhoo) my existing gaming PC keyboard is not likley to work with the new imac but do most usb mice work ok?

23. johnfkitchen macrumors regular

I originally ordered with magic mouse (since I don't have one), then a day later, cancelled the order, and reordered with the trackpad.

Rationale was that I really like the trackpad on the MBP and Lion is slated to provide even better trackpad support.

I'm not sorry that the change delayed my delivery date a little.

Here is an article on the subject.

http://www.macworld.com/article/159694/2011/05/magic_trackpad_magic_mouse_fight.html

24. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I don't hate the Magic mouse, i actually quite like it but the Magic Trackpad is something else.

Its nice not having to wave the pointer around the screen when doing simple operations.

A small gesture that doesn't really get mentioned is "Rotation". Best.thing.ever.

25. Frosticus macrumors 6502a

Frosticus

I use both...
    For general use and gaming, the Magic Mouse is great.

For photo and video editing, the Magic Trackpad with gestures is better.

If I had to pick one, I'd go with the trackpad.