Magical phone (just a little story about my phone)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by boss.king, Mar 30, 2011.

1. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Today I dropped my phone. The backlight stopped working (this is the third time this has happened. After 2 hours of texting without a backlight and frantically looking for a repair store, it fixed itself. Again. Theres nothing that can slow this thing down.

I've spilt whole beers on it, had multiple backlight failures, fallen out of a moving car... and every time it repairs itself. This is an amazingly enduring phone and it was worth every cent.

Just wanted to share that :D

2. TigerBabe macrumors 6502

May I suggest you invest in an Otterbox case!

3. AML225 macrumors regular

I have to agree with the OP. This phone is a lot more durable than most of the people here make it out to be. Of course they'd never know because their phones are in cases or wrapped up in covers so that when the next iPhone comes along they can sell it. I look at it like this: if I'm dating a gorgeous girl I'm not going to hold off on doing certain things to save her for the next guy. (I usually say that more colorfully but this is a family forum). :rolleyes:

4. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

I kind of agree - but it's illegal to sell your girlfriend. Whereas if your iPhone is kept in pretty good condition, you can sell that when it's time to upgrade.

5. AML225 macrumors regular

hahahaha touché

6. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

7. iAmYou macrumors 6502

iAmYou

Why? Sounds like the iphone is doing just fine without that ugly box of a concoction on it.

8. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

9. boss.king thread starter macrumors 68040

boss.king

Not even slightly interested in a case, they make the phone so bulky. The most i would do is put a screen protector on it

10. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

11. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

The most amazing story I have - My iPhone 4 had only a SP on and a case. I took the case off in the car to clear the edges, set the phone in my lap, forgot it was my lap and got out of the car with my phone flying away. Probably a 3-4 foot drop, 1 scratch on the back bc it landed there and no dents/scratches on the band. :D

12. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

13. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

Soon our phones will me light and thin enough that drops won't effect it. Of course scratches will probably always stay but we won't have to worry about dropping out phones anymore because the light and thin the phone would be.

This will end many case manufactures but of course they could lean to making waterproof casing or skins/scratch protectors.

Can't wait till our phones head that way.

14. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

I'm not sure if that's true. (I hope it is) Take a really thin piece of glass and drop it. It will still shatter on impact most of the time. Unless they make it very durable.. but then again doing that would add more weight. That would be pretty awesome though.

15. Savor Suspended

Savor

I've been visiting my nearest Apple Store weekly for the last three weeks and it is amazing how well maintained most of the demo units are. Of course, Apple can always change up them up, but iPhone 4 still does a very good job maintaining its look. I see my younger sibs at ages 6 and 8 playing with them and see it fall on its side on the table and still no flaws.

Of course, no phone is indestructible and it will shatter if it falls on the wrong angle. And people expect it to be "scratch-proof" when it is "scratch-resistant." We need to have realistic expectations and be responsible for our own actions and errors. Like an automobiles, you can't expect the manufacturer to pay for it if you crashed it. For a phone, iPhone 4 feels well constructed. I even had a 3GS and 4 side by side today and there was no comparison. While I like the chrome bezel and round back feeling of the 3GS, it still felt like a cheaper plastic toy next to the 4.

16. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Just curious, but why have you been going weekly? Im in the same boat as you except mine were all appointments.
    Friday Im gonna try to get my GF iPhone 3G replaced even though its out of warranty. ( Apple always surprises ya know)

17. TigerBabe macrumors 6502

To each is own. I am just one to take good care of my electronics.

18. boss.king thread starter macrumors 68040

boss.king

I still take relatively good care of my phone (albeit there are a few accidents here and there. The rest of my electronics are in mint condition, but with everyday use a phone takes a bit more of a beating