Mail account passwords

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by Wando64, May 20, 2019.

1. Wando64 macrumors 6502a

Wando64

Mojave keep on bothering me with requests to re-enter the "Contact" passwords for a couple of my email accounts, however when I click continue nothing happen, and then I get reminded again the day after.
    As far as i can tell I have looked everywhere and I just cannot find a way of re-entering a mail/internet account password short of removing the account from the mac (and all other devices) and then re-entering it.
    I'd very much rather not do that.
    Any helpful suggestion?

2. Wando64 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wando64

Well, a few days later and Mojave has stopped bothering me for the password, however I still cannot find a way to change one email account's password if I wanted to.
    It seems that the only way is to wait for Mojave to ask you.
    If anybody knows of a way of forcing this, I'd love to know.

3. jamietshaw macrumors member

It’s not stored in the Keychain, is it? I’m not sure exactly where, though. You might be able to change the value there, or delete it so Mojave asks you for it again.

4. Honza1 macrumors 6502

Not sure for what types of accounts this works...
    But my exchange account password:
    System preferences>Internet accounts>pick your account>Details button>password field.
    Now, iCloud account is in iCloud account preferences (in System preferences, different icon).
    Google is more complicated, it has this funny web-like login. Not sure how you trigger that one.

5. Wando64 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wando64

Mine are all Google and Yahoo.
    I will try the Keychain suggestion when I have a minute.

6. Honza1 macrumors 6502

I suspect it is not your standard Google password stored in Keychain but Google automatically generates app-specific password which is stored there. I think you need to delete the password from keychain and that should trigger the login into Google again. But to tell you the truth, I never needed to force Google account re-login in OSX.