Mail and Safari started crashing out of nowhere, iOS 7.0.4

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by rak007, May 6, 2014.

1. rak007 macrumors 6502a

I have iPhone 4S with iOS 7.0.4 and is jailbroken since almost the time it's jailbreak came. Till yesterday I did not have any problems with mail and safari apps and worked exactly as expected.
    But yesterday out of nowhere both of these apps started crashing. They are simply unusable now. I checked on the internet about possible causes and solutions and found that people faced this problem after evasi0n jail break and possible solution was to remove app sync and af2sd (something like that).
    I did that and it still did not fix it. Booted in safe mode and still does not work.
    Any help appreciated.

2. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

Updating to iOS 7.1.1 should fix this, if not, there is more help on Jailbreaking in the jailbreak forum.

3. rak007 thread starter macrumors 6502a

The reason i did not post this in the jailbreak forum is because i found that even after trying the fixes and in safe mode, it was still crashing.
    Updating to iOS 7.1.1 is not really something i can do since i will lose the jailbreak.

4. rak007 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok problem seems fixed for now.
    After uninstalling appsync and afc2add, i deleted 2 plist files from caches folder (read this instruction on one website) and after rebooting, it totally messed up the layout of the spring board and also most of the apps disappeared.
    This was expected as per the instructions. Kept the phone as it is for few minutes and all apps reappeared and mail and safari also worked now.