Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Mail - cannot send iCloud email

bd700pilot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2018
Hey all.

Been on phone with Apple tier 2 support this week about this weird issue, no solution.

MacBook Pro 16, iPhone 11 Pro, iPad Pro.

Latest macOS and iOS and software and hardware. All updates done. One iCloud account logged in. Other email accounts logged in.

The Apple Mail app refuses to send iCloud emails. Will send other email no problem.

If I use macOS Safari and try iCloud webmail interface iCloud works fine.

If I use third party email applications, for example, Spark, iCloud sends fine.

I have signed out and back into iCloud on all devices, same problem. Tried different wireless networks, same problem.

tried different user account on the Mac, same problem.

Anybody seen this?

Cadde666

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2020
Same issue here. Started at the very same time as yours.
Tried several devices, networks. Same. Forced iCloud to synch my settings by signing out everywhere.
Deleted all preferences on my Mac. No success. Clean install of the iOS on my iPhone and MacBook Pro 2019. No success.

Mail just doesn't want to send iCloud emails. Other email accounts are fine.
I always get an error message saying that iCloud mail server has a different password stored than the one sent from apple mail. When I go into iCloud online. everything works fine. Everything is synched and I can send emails.

Called Apple's support asking to synch my email password and all I got was to sign out of iCloud on every device and then sign in again. Useless.

Comment

bd700pilot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2018
Yeah, I have a Tier 2 guy following up with me every week on what the engineers are telling him, right now there is no solution. You should use third party apps for now. They work great. I wonder if Big Sur fixes this issue? I am a bit hesitant to upgrading, maybe wait a month or so. If you upgrade and your email works please advise. Good luck!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.