Mail: iCloud email address not showing in "from" address menu

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by Miqs, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Miqs macrumors member

Miqs

I have several email addresses of which 2 are iCloud accounts. When I send emails from MacMail one of the iCloud addresses shows in the menu and able to choose but the other doesn't. I can send/receive emails to all ok but cannot understand why this address doesn't show. Is there a limit on the drop down menu as to how many show? Everything works ok but annoying as I cannot choose this address as a from not to. Any ideas?

2. Miqs thread starter macrumors member

Miqs

I think I have solved it. Ultimately and whether right or not I decided to "sign out" of iCloud and then sign in again hoping I could delete the offending email and re-enter it. It worked but I don't fully understand how! I now know the correct way to add extra email addresses to iCloud is to create an "alias" of a primary account. I have included below all the links I used and hope this is useful to anyone who has the same problem with iCloud as I did.

https://www.imore.com/how-to-create-icloud-email-alias
    How to manage iCloud aliases on your Mac
    Open the Mail app.
    Go to Mail > Preferences.
    Select the Accounts tab.
    Choose your iCloud account from the sidebar. *
    Click on the Email Address dropdown.
    Select the Edit Email Addresses toggle.
    You'll be transferred to the iCloud.com website. Enter your username and password and any two-factor authentication, if applicable.
    Adjust your email aliases as necessary.

https://9to5mac.com/2014/07/19/how-...an-icloud-account-from-your-mac-or-ios-device
    Delete iCloud account
    To get started making the necessary changes to your account on an iOS device, go into the Settings app and scroll down until you see iCloud. To delete the iCloud account from the device, just press “Delete Account.” To do this on a Mac, go into System Preferences and choose iCloud, then press the “Sign Out” button.
    Once the original iCloud account is deleted from the device, you are able to create a new iCloud account by tapping on “Get a Free Apple ID.”
    After creating the iCloud account, you are able to use that account with iMessage and FaceTime. In Settings, tap on Messages, then tap on Send & Receive. If you see the old Apple ID listed, just press the “Sign Out” button. From here, type in your new Apple ID and sign in. Repeat this process in the FaceTime settings and you’re done!