Mail on iphone - Spam filter?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by h2009, Mar 7, 2008.

1. h2009 macrumors member

Hi there,

I seem to be getting alot of spam in my mailbox (personal domain with register1.net) And on my mac im using spam filters to take it all out, but when it comes to my phone i noticed that there isnt a spam filter, has anyone found one, or think that the SDK developers will make one soon?

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

This, or forward through iCloud, me.com. Apple's spam filtering is pretty good also.

3. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Anyone know why I get SOOOOOOOO much spam on my gmail account??

I've had this account for like 5 or 6 years...I always use webbased gmail to stick the spam in the spam folder, yet I always get more...it's so annoying I'm thinking of just opening a new account. I don't see much in the way of filtering services via gmail, so that's why I'm here asking.

Thanks.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Gmail does a TON of filtering. Probably the best out of anyone.

If you're still getting a lot, you may just need to get a new account and be more careful about who you give it out to.

But first...is any of this 'legit' spam? Like, maybe you get something from Target or Pizza Hut every day or whatever? That kind of stuff can be unsubscribed from and thus google is not as harsh on them. They're really good at stopping the "FR33 PILZ!" kind of spam, though.

But check first and see if what you're getting can be unsubscribed from.