Mail sync issues

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by bigbadneil, Apr 23, 2012.

1. bigbadneil macrumors 6502

bigbadneil

Mail sent from my iPhone does not show up in the sent item box on my iMac

2. bigbadneil thread starter macrumors 6502

bigbadneil

yesterday I received a mail on my iPad and deleted it on my iPad. When I look on the iPad it is in the trash box but it doesn't show up in the trash box on the iMac which tells me there is something wrong in my settings on one of my 3 devices (iPhone, iPad, iMac)
    Please help

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

Who is your email provider?

How is the account set up on each device (POP or IMAP)?

4. bigbadneil thread starter macrumors 6502

bigbadneil

Sir I am using a Google Apps account and using IMAP

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

Double check that you're set up as IMAP on your iMac.

Set up the accounts as "Microsoft Exchange" on the iOS devices (instructions at Google). When setting them up, turn off calendars and contacts if you're not using those.

6. bigbadneil thread starter macrumors 6502

bigbadneil

Thats exactly the way I have them set up

7. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I have not used Google for a while, but I believe within the setting on your devices you say which folder is to be used for SENT ITEMS, TRASH ITEM, DELETED ITEM, etc. They need to be the same on all devices. Again, I am not that familiar with Google and all of it's settings. I am just going by what I remember and what I have to do with my GoDaddy Mail Provider.

8. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

d21mike is right. Make sure you've designated which folders (under the Gmail folder) are to be your Mac Mail's Sent, Drafts, and Trash folders (Mailbox>Use this mailbox for>)

Then in the Account Prefs under Mailbox Behaviors, check "Store draft...", "Store sent...", "Move Deleted..." and "Store Deleted...".

Under "Advanced" you really don't need to keep copies for offline viewing (takes up HD space), but Mail might seem a little quicker if you do and have a lot of mail and mail folders.