Main Course of CPU whine with a side of clicking...movie inside

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hari-bhari, Jan 6, 2008.

1. hari-bhari macrumors regular

This is the sound I get along with my CPU whine about every 20-30 seconds when it comes on, but oftentimes it won't be there at all. Usually only occurs on AC Power at various stages of charge cycle, but also occurs on battery power sometimes. You'll have to turn your volume up to hear it, but its like a small click, and I can't tell if it's from the Mobo or Hard Drive. Sounds almost like an electronic chirp followed by a click, and it always comes on after I hear a bit of HD activity Anyone else getting this?

Attached Files:

2. Kelly™ macrumors regular

Cant believe I downloaded that lol :p

anyhow, definitely sounds electronic. Possibly from the motherboard.

3. hari-bhari thread starter macrumors regular

Yea its super annoying and I think it has something to do with my lower battery life, although my Logic Board was just replaced and the noise remains.

4. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

This may sound odd, but do you hear that noise only when powered at your home? Have you heard it when on AC at other locations?

5. Kelly™ macrumors regular

That's actually a good question :p

God, how many times have I assumed ambient noises were my laptop in distress?
    about 20 XD

6. hari-bhari thread starter macrumors regular

haha good point. it actually happens everywhere. its sounds like its coming from the bottom right quadrant but its hard to pinpoint. i wish i had a better mic to pick it up

7. sgrmagnolia10 macrumors newbie

I have that same click

has anybody ever figured out what it is?