Main reasons for you to jailbreak your iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sone3D, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Sone3D macrumors member

Hi every one. I wish to know your thoughts. Explain it a bit :)

For me:

#1 SBSettings: Toggle WIFI & 3G. I do that a lot to preserve battery when I don't need these features. Even for brightness.

#2 Activator: It is fantastic to do a lot of things faster and without continue using home button or navigate through menus.

#Much more, but these two ones are essential for me.

2. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

iBlacklist and 3G unrestrictor.Oh and I like the clean status tweak so people don't know what service I have.I may be beat up for this last one but I do use the Pandora Skips tweak unlimited skips but it doesn't remove ads

3. Feed Me macrumors 6502a

Feed Me

#1: Activator
    For if/when my home button breaks.

4. Sone3D thread starter macrumors member

5. Tulipo macrumors member

Activator and zephyr. The swipe up to exit apps is amazing. Basically eliminates the need for a home button in most situations.

6. B777Forevar macrumors 6502a

B777Forevar

gpsPhone (gba emulator)
    Winterboard
    Activator
    BiteSMS

7. ap3604 macrumors 68000

A lot of the time people post links to be rude but I wasn't doing that. Just wanted to spread the knowledge :)

8. Sone3D thread starter macrumors member

I suspected it. That's for what I said thank you :)

9. ValerieDurden macrumors 6502a

SBSettings is the only real reason I jailbreak, otherwise I have no need for a jailbreak.

10. k3roro macrumors 6502

Hmm, interesting thread. I'll go google up this activator business.

11. anyjungleinguy macrumors regular

iCaughtU Pro - captures photo when passcode entered wrong, can send via email, record location, prevent turning off on lockscreen etc

NoPasscodeBlock - disables the "iPhone disabled for x minutes" etc

Applocker - lock certain applications with a passcode, kick to lockscreen if wrong, etc

TetherMe - enable tethering through Personal Hotspot, regardless if having a tethering plan.

Springtomize 2 - A whole load of little tweaks.

Those 5 are my must haves.

12. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

I do not have the iPhone 4S yet, but curious how a jailbreaked 4S is compared to my Galaxy SII ? With jailbreak can you add Widgets to the home screen ? And customize it like I can my rooted Galaxy SII ?

I am getting a little bored of Android, might want to go Apple. And is Siri as useful in the real world as the commercials say it is, or is it more of a gimmick ? To me it seems like on paper a good idea, helps to avoid texting while driving, and reminders, etc...

13. adnbek macrumors 65816

adnbek

14. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

15. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

1. Activator: My home button now gets used probably twice a month. Gestures = awesome.

2. Zephyr: I forgot what double tapping home is for lol. It is so much easier to simply slide my finger from the bottom up to open the app switcher and close an active app. Love this one.

3. SBsettings: Saves me from navigating those menus.

4. iFile: File browser. Not used daily, but if i say open a file in quick office and want it to be copied to other apps, all i need to do is open iFile, copy the file to the folders inside other apps and viola! the file can be opened in all of them with ease. Especially handy if safari is acting all stuck up.

5. Pwntunes: Sometimes i am lazy and don't want to sync every thing through itunes. Pwntunes allows me to copy music directly as if iPhone had an SD card and i can sync it on device to ipod app. Very handy sometimes. Not a deal breaker though.

And that's it. Cannot imagine using an iPhone without those tweaks now though.

16. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

-sbsettings
    -free tethering (after 20 dollar app purchase)
    -3G unrestrictor
    -expanded siri commands
    and thats them.

17. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

Exact opposite scenario of you. Bored with iOS5 too bland and simple. How has your experience with GSII been? It you root it, you would be able to install custom roms and launchers? Jailbreaking an iPhone doesnt even come close to the customization that you experience with Android. iOS is severly limited in customizing even if jailbroken, just thought I will give you a heads up on that.

Getting a GSII for myself in time for 4.0 ICS would be a good immersive experience.

18. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

These are my favorite JB packages below.
    BiteSms
    Sbsettings
    MyWi
    Facebreak
    Activator