Main reasons for you to jailbreak your iPhone?

Sone3D

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
Hi every one. I wish to know your thoughts. Explain it a bit :)

For me:

#1 SBSettings: Toggle WIFI & 3G. I do that a lot to preserve battery when I don't need these features. Even for brightness.

#2 Activator: It is fantastic to do a lot of things faster and without continue using home button or navigate through menus.

#Much more, but these two ones are essential for me.

DerekRod

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2012
NY
iBlacklist and 3G unrestrictor.Oh and I like the clean status tweak so people don't know what service I have.I may be beat up for this last one but I do use the Pandora Skips tweak unlimited skips but it doesn't remove ads

Tulipo

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2011
Activator and zephyr. The swipe up to exit apps is amazing. Basically eliminates the need for a home button in most situations.

ap3604

macrumors 68000
Jan 11, 2011
"Main reasons for you to jailbreak" is not the same as "My top jailbreak apps/tweaks".

Thanks for the info anyway. I will read your link :)
A lot of the time people post links to be rude but I wasn't doing that. Just wanted to spread the knowledge :)

anyjungleinguy

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2012
iCaughtU Pro - captures photo when passcode entered wrong, can send via email, record location, prevent turning off on lockscreen etc

NoPasscodeBlock - disables the "iPhone disabled for x minutes" etc

Applocker - lock certain applications with a passcode, kick to lockscreen if wrong, etc

TetherMe - enable tethering through Personal Hotspot, regardless if having a tethering plan.

Springtomize 2 - A whole load of little tweaks.

Those 5 are my must haves.

Darthdingo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2010
I do not have the iPhone 4S yet, but curious how a jailbreaked 4S is compared to my Galaxy SII ? With jailbreak can you add Widgets to the home screen ? And customize it like I can my rooted Galaxy SII ?

I am getting a little bored of Android, might want to go Apple. And is Siri as useful in the real world as the commercials say it is, or is it more of a gimmick ? To me it seems like on paper a good idea, helps to avoid texting while driving, and reminders, etc...

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Feb 28, 2011
1. Activator: My home button now gets used probably twice a month. Gestures = awesome.

2. Zephyr: I forgot what double tapping home is for lol. It is so much easier to simply slide my finger from the bottom up to open the app switcher and close an active app. Love this one.

3. SBsettings: Saves me from navigating those menus.

4. iFile: File browser. Not used daily, but if i say open a file in quick office and want it to be copied to other apps, all i need to do is open iFile, copy the file to the folders inside other apps and viola! the file can be opened in all of them with ease. Especially handy if safari is acting all stuck up.

5. Pwntunes: Sometimes i am lazy and don't want to sync every thing through itunes. Pwntunes allows me to copy music directly as if iPhone had an SD card and i can sync it on device to ipod app. Very handy sometimes. Not a deal breaker though.

And that's it. Cannot imagine using an iPhone without those tweaks now though.

Invincibilizer

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2011
I do not have the iPhone 4S yet, but curious how a jailbreaked 4S is compared to my Galaxy SII ? With jailbreak can you add Widgets to the home screen ? And customize it like I can my rooted Galaxy SII ?

I am getting a little bored of Android, might want to go Apple. And is Siri as useful in the real world as the commercials say it is, or is it more of a gimmick ? To me it seems like on paper a good idea, helps to avoid texting while driving, and reminders, etc...
Exact opposite scenario of you. Bored with iOS5 too bland and simple. How has your experience with GSII been? It you root it, you would be able to install custom roms and launchers? Jailbreaking an iPhone doesnt even come close to the customization that you experience with Android. iOS is severly limited in customizing even if jailbroken, just thought I will give you a heads up on that.

Getting a GSII for myself in time for 4.0 ICS would be a good immersive experience.