Maine Gov Leaves Unhinged, Profane Voicemail

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mactastic, Aug 26, 2016.

1. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Party of family values, right here folks:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/paul-lepage-voicemail-gattine-racist

This is on top of his comments earlier this week that 90% of the crime in his state is committed by minorities. And who was Donald Trump hanging out with just recently? Why, Paul LePage, of course. Racists gotta racist.

2. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

3. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

Oh, well, then it's all good.

:rolleyes:

4. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Meh, that's par for the course for the Gov of Maine. This guy's the crazy, delusional, racist uncle of New England governors.

5. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

Shocker.

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Odd, he's been embarrassing Mainers for almost 6 years now.

7. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

So has America come to a consensus yet on what the problems are and how to fix them?

8. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

I'll let you know as soon as we find out what the hell is going on.

9. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

I saw this one in the comments section. I guess it must refer to another of his priceless comments.

[​IMG]

10. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

Yes, he claimed that black men from out of state were impregnating white women in Maine after selling off the drugs they'd brought in.

11. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

It does. It was something about how black kids are coming up from NY to sell drugs and knock up the Maine women folk.

12. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Though the governor is an idiot for leaving a voice mail like that, his speech on the black pushers coming into the state and poisoning the residents is not wrong.

No where does he say anything like all blacks are bad - that's just lib-speak to deflect from the truth of the issues with out of state gangs and drug dealers moving into Maine.

13. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Where else is Maine supposed to get it's drugs?

But really, the guy dared him to record the call and go public with it. He's out of control, and should resign for the sake of his health ... if not the health of others.

14. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Yup. Somehow, it's always the liberals who are wrong no matter what the issue is.

15. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Racist idiots? More chocolate.

16. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

An idiot for leaving the message, not for saying it. Got it.

17. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

He's an alt-right racist in the image of Trump.

18. WarHeadz, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016

WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Something tells me this guy is a Trump fan...

LePage 2020 anyone? *cringe*

19. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

Did somebody jump on the alt right bandwagon. I heard alt right goes well with synergy.

20. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

Racial synergy, yes.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 27, 2016 ---
    So now LePage has no-pologized
    http://www.wmur.com/news/lepage-iss...awmaker-in-obscenityladen-voice-mail/41397042
    and the local paper has also apologized on behalf of Maine for foisting LePage on the nation.
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/maine-newspaper-apologizes-for-giving-america-paul-lepage

And Trump is normalizing this kind of behavior. Speaking of who jumped on the alt-right bandwagon, that would be Drumpf. The rest of us aren't jumping on, many of us have known about them since at least the days of GamerGate. We're now calling them out rather than ignoring them because they have taken over one of the two major parties in this country.

And yes, a lot of Americans are going to check out the alt-right now, and I see they are squealing with glee over it. But I guarantee you more Americans will be horrified by what they see at Breitbart, Stormfront, American Renaissance, etc. than will be attracted to it.

You built this, republics

21. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

So do you choose to ignore the fact that only 14.1% of drug related arrests in Maine are of blacks?

22. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Fairly certain they have their own meth labs. Lots of back woods with no paved roads. Gotta fend for yourself.

23. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

I think he's an idiot for both. If you want to talk about serial killers you don't preface it with "almost all of them are white" do you? The entire point he was making is to pin it African Americans and Hispanics, nothing more, nothing less. It was incredibly racist.

24. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I seriously wonder if LePage has a neurological issue like a tumour or a stroke. Most people in Maine that I have met are fairly level-headed - I can't imagine them electing somebody who behaved like this during a campaign. I do not know this guy, but if he's had a personality change it might be a medical issue. If not, he's seriously nuts.

25. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

He has behaved like this all along.

This is what blind hatred of an incumbent president or political party leads to. Reasonable people voting for unreasonable people. In saner times there is no way someone like him would get near the governor's mansion or someone like Trump near the White House. We do not live in sane times.