Major keyboard issues

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by kappaknight, Jan 10, 2019.

1. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

I'm not sure whether I should file this under Mojave or the new 2018 rMBP, but wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this before I submit a feedback to Apple.

I currently have a late 2013 rMBP, but work has also given me a new 2018 rMBP w/ the Touch Bar.

I'm noticing a lot of times when I need to type a word with a Capital letter, I will type, and when I look up, for whatever reason that first letter will be placed at the end of the line. It's as if the system will jump back a space after I type a SHIFT-letter key. Again, not sure if it's the keyboard, the larger trackpad, or the software, but I recently noticed it on my late 2013 rMBP too... so maybe it's the software?

Sometimes the cursor will also randomly jump while I'm typing. (e.g. if I highlighted a block of text to replace, and start typing after the text has been highlighted, the replacement text sometimes will randomly appear out of place.)

Another thing I noticed is that Copy and Paste isn't functioning like it's supposed to. I would copy something from Excel and try to paste it into a browser, but what gets copied is from a few items ago. I would have to hit COMMAND-C a few times to lock my text in, before being able to paste it. Is this a new feature for multi-copy selects? If so, I'm using it wrong.

Anyway - anyone else seeing issues like this, or can help me resolve? I don't recall having been frustrated by OSX for a long time, but I'm actually reaching that level now.

2. Sumleilmus macrumors member

Sumleilmus

Cursor jumping can be from intermittent touches of the TouchPad, unintended touches of which the user is unaware.

Can you adjust the TouchPad sensitivity?