Majority of Republicans think Sarah Palin is not qualified to be President

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thegoldenmackid, Jul 14, 2009.

1. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Story Here.

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Thank god the whole world hasn't gone insane. I'm glad to see this. She's the last thing they or this country needs.

3. thegoldenmackid thread starter macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Oddly Lee, the worst part of that for her may not be the most obvious. Rather the definitive sign that there is nearly no support across for her on all issues.

4. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

The gravity of this needs to resonate.

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

The Republicans need to walk away from her type if they ever plan to win the White House again. She, and people like her, are a major turn-off for the vast majority of Americans.

6. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

CBS News and USA today definitely have a different polling base. This was posted last week, not last fall.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2009-07-07-palin-poll_N.htm?poe=HFMostPopular

Whatever numbers you believe, you've got to ask yourself WTF is she thinking, and whoTF wants anything to do with her still? Everyone person I've talked to who is not American, thinks she's the biggest joke in American politics since GWB.

7. thegoldenmackid thread starter macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Not so much, the poll has nothing to do with president, just "national figure"...Arnold falls into that category.

Oh how people forget, it's the moderates that win elections. Bush won because he got the Latino vote (and the Supreme Court was stacked his favor the first time around), but without the Latino vote, he would have been in trouble.

8. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Read a little further down in the article.

Either way, for President or for Major National Figure, those numbers are way to effing high.

9. thegoldenmackid thread starter macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Missed that, but still. They would not vote for "that one"

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Still not good numbers. And the more she talks, the more they'll slip.

11. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

tell me who is truly qualified to be president and I will vote for them.

Was bush qualified?
    Was Clinton Qualified?
    Bob Dole?
    John McCain?
    President Obama?

In my opinion when i vote I vote for the most qualified, that doesn't mean they are qualified but more so than the other candidates.

She has my vote, she is a hockey mom, that's hot!!!!

12. thegoldenmackid thread starter macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Who is qualified then?

13. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

the question isn't who is qualified but who we think is most qualified.

It's all lip service and the day the winner gets int the oval office they probably realize Sheet there aint no way I can live up to that promise.

While I was at intel I used to say if i was the engineer I would do this.
    Well, that day came and then I realized that even though that sounded good whenit came to priorites it fell low on the list and never got done.
    I am sure when obama sat in the chair he realized that too but on a much grander scale.

Campaigns are like date, its all about the pick up lines.
    Sitting in the oval office is like Marriage is; what real life throws at you and your souse saying he/she wasn't like that when we were dating

14. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

The woman can't even address the issues. She can't even pretend to address the issues. She's not only unqualified, she's less than that. I don't know how much lower we could go than Palin, and I don't want to find out.

15. thegoldenmackid thread starter macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

But...out of curiosity is anyone qualified? I mean you can't get elected without saying somebody's taxes are getting lowered.

16. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

So because she's pretty she's more qualified than people who actually know what they are doing?

17. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

I hear that her latest qualifications include: 1 - that she knows dead fish go with the flow and 2- that she can make analogies comparing her quitting as governor like a star guard that has to make a pass.

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/2009/07/full-text-of-palins-resignation-speech.php

18. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

"Majority of Republicans think Sarah Palin is not qualified to be President"

INCORRECT.

Majority of people think Sarah Palin is not qualified to be President.

muchhhh better.

19. thegoldenmackid thread starter macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Yes, but given that poll, she's not getting much love from the GOP either.

20. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Seems weird that the numbers would change that much, I wonder if there wasn't some sort of bias in the polling.

She doesn't seem to have a grip on the issues that she should to be even considering running for president. She basically had to be overnight coached just to hold a decent vp debate.

21. Desertrat macrumors newbie

I thought Miz Sarah was the most interesting of the foursome of last fall. I didn't--and don't--really see her as having the depth of understanding of issues, even though I agree with many of her views. But superficiality just doesn't cut the mustard. I wouldn't vote for her in the primaries, most likely.

Homo sap has worked hard to create a complex world. I'm about halfway of the notion that we need two presidents: One for internal affairs and one for foreign affairs. For example, LBJ was a master of understanding the US people, but lousy at foreign affairs. Nixon was just the opposite; dumber'n dirt, internally but masterful at dealing with foreign leaders.

For now, though, I don't really see anybody in either party who impresses me with vision/competence/whatever.

'Rat

22. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

She's not just unqualified, she's dangerous. We've seen how she reacted to a harmless joke by a late night comedian, what if she was president and Ahmadinejad or Kim Jong Il said something about her or the US? She'd probably launch a nuke or two in their direction. The thought of someone with such a fragile ego having the nuclear launch codes scares the crap out of me. Not even W was that dumb.

23. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

This pretty much applies to every woman I have ever met.

24. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Uh-oh. You're in trouble now.

25. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

Hell it's not even really about being qualified. She doesn't have the intelligence and savvy (beyond the folksy Alaskan affectation) to be Commander in Chief.

Palin's a footnote. B'uh Bye