'Make Our Planet Great Again' - French President Emmanuel Macron Trolls Donald Trump

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, Jun 1, 2017.

1. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I am liking this guy more and more everyday! Already more of a world leader than our crappy president.

http://time.com/4802549/emmanuel-macron-trolls-donald-trump-paris-climate-agreement/

2. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

First he whooped Trump in handshakes. Now this. What's next? Theyre going to buy NASCAR and shut it down just to spite us?

3. dogslobber macrumors 68030

dogslobber

France is an inspiration to every other country's citizens. This is not a country that has ever kowtowed to America the way the likes of England has. They are truly independent in spirit. Viva La France!

4. uknowimright macrumors 6502a

uknowimright

5. darksithpro, Jun 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2017

darksithpro macrumors regular

France has every right to troll the USA as ever much as it wishes, but we the people of the Unites States have elected President Trump to represent our interests abroad. We do not like this Paris accord and reject it. It's unfair IOO to the American people and we will not participate in it. France and Germany can say whatever they want, while we will forge a path that we deem appropriate to our success. If France and Germany would like to join us, or not it's up to them, if not good luck and happy fortunes. We owe France and Germany nothing. Good day to you Europeans. We are content with out own ambitions...

6. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Well said.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 1, 2017 ---
    I think Trump did help to Make the World Great Again. As the leader of the world essentially the US can't be beholden to some bull **** trillion dollar global ponzie scheme.

7. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Whatever you do ... don't laugh at us.

Don't LAUGH!!!

(Sounds of laughter)

8. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Do you actually have any idea what it says in the Paris accords, or are you just blindly believing every blubber Trump spits out?

9. darksithpro macrumors regular

I know enough that it puts our economy at a competitive disadvantage. I honestly don't care anymore about the Europeans. They can go it alone for all I care. If they want our friendship they shall have it, if not I'll gladly give them their hat and coat and send them on their way. Good day...

10. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Trump is working hard to take the US out of the global leadership position it had. Soon it will be China filling that space, or possibly a return to the instability the world had a few hundred years ago. Unfortunately for the US economy the leadership position that Trump is giving up is what has allowed us to get by with running the large deficits we do.
    How does it do that!

11. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Don't even start that nonsense. Trump doesn't speak for the majority of the people and what we want. Maybe you and some misguided republicans think that pulling out of the world stage is a good thing, but in a world where countries rarely agree on things, it's not.

America first? No. America last now. Right there with Syria.
    It's we who are going it alone. Not Europe. Or the 99% of other countries on the planet.

12. Zenithal macrumors 601

I honestly hope this isn't the beginning of the end of a beautiful relationship we have with France. They were and still are our first ally. Don't **** this up, Donny.

13. darksithpro macrumors regular

Please, read this: https://www.epw.senate.gov/public/_...-white-paper-lessons-from-kyoto-4.21.2016.pdf

With your intellectual honesty report back... I know that might hard with your preconceptions.

14. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

The leader of the world. Ha!

15. Zenithal macrumors 601

How did the discussion roll to Madame Merkel?

16. MadeTheSwitch, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017

MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Might be hard with my preconceptions? You might want to drag out a mirror when you say that.

Once again, it's the U.S. going it alone here. Well, with a few countries like Syria. What good company to keep. :rolleyes:

17. daflake, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017

daflake macrumors 6502a

daflake

I think that what I loved most about Macron's speech was that he laid this solely on Trump and not the American people. I think that the majority of USA folks think that this was a horrible idea (I do) and wish, once again, he would work with people instead of going in guns blazing. The only thing he is doing is separating us from our allies and that is a huge mistake.

I wonder if I can apply for German citizenship? Ugh....
    --- Post Merged, Jun 2, 2017 ---
    I think you know that we stopped being respected at the world level long ago. Trump is trying to demand respect... Guess what, that isn't going to happen.

Why do Americans think they live in a vacuum?

18. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

I'd be happy to hear what economy you think that will gain immensely from a broken down ecosystem at the global scale.
    Oh wait, you're talking a 10 year time frame? Got it. Comepletely short sighted. Good for you.

When have you ever? :confused:

19. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

France is welcome to take our place in this agreement. Let them be them step up and prove to be leaders for once. It's about time. Perhaps they can write some checks and fund the lessor nations so we can get them up to par on emissions. Let me get them my pen...

20. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

How can they "go it alone" when there are many of them and just one USA? It's the USA that is taking its hat and coat and going home, while Europe says "Don't let the door hit your a** on your way out."

21. daflake macrumors 6502a

daflake

Not even sure what "go it alone" means. If people think that the USA can survive without its partners, they would be wrong.

22. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Maybe France can use the same super weapon against the climate that they are using against terrorism: LOVE

23. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

let's just stay in the Paris agreement but we'll take the same deal India and China get and work off their terms as a starting point for our side of what we need to do. we will call Paris and Germany to the table to pick up some of what was put on us as well.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 2, 2017 ---
    and perhaps they can leverage their relationship with Muslim Nations and get them all to step up a bit more.

I hear Germany has a great leader in Merkel and her strengths are so great that she's going to attempt to even get ISIS involved and committed to the Paris Accord!

24. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Let them fork the $400 billion dollars out.

25. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

That won't work. This ponzie scheme required a deep pocket sucker to fund all this crap.