Making the most out of my MBP battery.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Macdeez, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Macdeez macrumors member

I'm a person that likes to use things up till they shrivel up and die, before i bought this macbook I had an HP laptop for 5 years until it just got too slow and old for me and I needed something new.

I want to know the best way to keep my battery going and not die out on me early. ( I don't mean one charge cycle, I mean over the long run ) I usually use the laptop at home but I don't know if I should keep it plugged into the charger all the time and take it out a few times per month and drain it to 0% then repeat, or if I should just charge the battery till its full then remove the charger, reach about 5% then charge again...

2. Macsavvytech macrumors 6502a

Macsavvytech

As long as you calibrate it, it shouldn't be a major problem. I personally use mine in its charger almost 24/7. Here is what Apple says
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1490

3. Macdeez thread starter macrumors member

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Run on battery whenever you need to and plug in when you can. Just make sure you're not running on AC power all the time. Run on battery a few hours every few days and you'll be fine. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:
    Here's what Apple also says: