Male abortion right? Should the man have the right to an abortion?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Anitramane, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Anitramane macrumors 6502

My English is not good.

So as I see it, the man and woman as guilty / responsible for an embryo has come into the world and then it should seem obvious that both should have the same right to abdicate responsibility.
    In today's society, it is the woman who has absolute power to determine whether the child will be born or not.

What shall entitle the man abortion right is if we Statutory that the woman must tell the man within seven weeks after intercourse (if that woman does not even notice that menstruation is severely delayed / lost should not be allowed to have children).
    After the news gets the man a week of consideration and if he comes to the realization that he does not want the child should be reported to social services or the responsible authority which then declines's right of custody and all maintenance. This decision does not mean that the mother is forced to have an abortion, she is happy to keep the baby but then she should be aware that when the time comes, she can not recover the money from the father. Custody can be reassessed at the death of the mother (if the consent of the father present).

The reason for the choice of seven weeks, after the man's reflection time week, the woman has one week in which to get an abortion by means of drugs (the limit is at ninth week), the gentlest method that most women prefer.

I'm happy to hear what you think about this proposal.

2. Meister Suspended

Meister

3. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I've always had a problem with the idea that no matter how long a child is kept from a man, it seems that he can still someday be held financially responsible for the child. Two people hook up, the woman never tells the man she is pregnant and the man misses out on years and years of being a father. But then..... lawsuit! You owe money for college or whatever. Doesn't seem right.

4. Meister, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2014

Meister Suspended

Meister

Solution: Keep your dick in your pants!
    Or at least consider where (not) to stick it.

5. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Yeah and the woman should just keep her legs crossed.

Neither is gonna happen soon.

6. Happybunny macrumors 68000

In general I find this idea good.

There will always be exceptions to the rules, people in long term relationships, and so long as there is still a way for these exceptions to have their day in court, I think it would make sense.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Wear a condiment. Use the back door. Eject. Oral work. Plenty of options

8. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I think it's an amazing proposal on paper. But it would be catastrophic in reality. Just too many variables and too many ways of abuse.

----------

There is no comparison to the front door.

9. adroit macrumors 6502

adroit

While I am against abortion, I'll answer the question given the current legal environment and the scenario that you laid out.

Yes absolutely, men should have say in whether or not their child gets killed. Whether that say is equal to or less than that of the woman's is up for debate.

10. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Does anyone believe that when a woman tells a man she wants an abortion that the man just bows his head down and mumbles, "Yes dear. Whatever you say, dear."?

Men have say. They can try to convince, cajole, beg, and reason with a woman as much as they like.

But in the end, the woman gets to decide.

Having a say is not the same thing as having one's way.

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

18 years of payments might change your mind

I will say that since the guy has no say in a woman's body the woman should not force the guy to pay if she decides to keep it

12. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Yeah there are options. That's not my point. People still get pregnant all the time when they don't plan to. I'm just saying there is something wrong about a woman being able to keep the joy of a child away from a father but then still being able to hit him up for money later on.

----------

That's my point!

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Our current laws are heavily stacked against the guys

14. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I've always been an advocate that, men should have the option of a financial abortion in the first trimester. Where he decides he doesn't want the child he gives up all rights and pays the amount an abortion would cost her. The option to have the child then falls to the mother as well as the obligation to support the child.

Many women subscriber to the argument that it is HER body therefore she gets the only say in aborting the child. However, when it comes to the birth control, suddenly that blame falls to him.

Now, personally I don't go outdoors without a raincoat if I'm not sure of the weather.

15. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I'm just speaking about the specific OP's proposal.

I'm very much against the child support system as it is now.

16. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Exactly. Men have no rights in the decision making (and shouldn't, really) but then they have to pay no matter what. Even if they don't know they have a child for years. As for the weather thing, please stay on topic. That has nothing...oh, wait...

----------

yup!

17. Happybunny macrumors 68000

Just a thought what if,
    "The man had promised that he would marry her, and then didn't, but by this time it was not possible to have an abortion"

The point I'm trying to make is that these should be guide lines only, there will always be exceptions and these should be handled on a one to one basis.

18. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

yup!

19. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Really? I love abortions. I volunteer at my local free abortion clinic often. I'm like a kid in a candy shop there.

20. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Are there free samples? Do you put them in a plastic bag and pay by weight?

;)

21. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Of course, men do have the option of buying a pack of Trojans. They are sold everywhere at a really low price. I think you can get them free at Planned Parenthood and the Health Departments of many towns.

22. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Women can buy them too. And they can tell the guy, no glove, no love or something just as witty and original. Or they can go on the pill. Funny how some people say, when a man is bitching about having to pay child care, should have worn a condom! But when the woman asks for child care payments, they don't say, should have been on the pill!

23. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

They give me the leftover pieces for free afterward. I use them for arts and crafts and things of that nature. I make keychains, bookmarks, wind chimes, etc...

24. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I'm trying to come up with a tasteful Weiner Schnitzel or Dairy Queen joke to suit, but I'm shooting blanks.

You win. :D

BL.

25. DonJudgeMe macrumors regular

I'm going to sprinkle a little wisdom dust on all of you. I have been happily married for many years now. My wife and I are both pro-choice. When she got pregnant(the first time), it was not exactly ideal timing for either of us. We had a long discussion, that lasted for several days before we had made a decision. We were not married, we were still in school, and we were struggling with bills. We wanted the baby.

My son, Gabriel, was born 9 months later. My point being that if you are in a relationship, these are issues you should be discussing together. As a man, however, I knew the decision was ultimately her's; and rightfully so.

If you are worried about what this woman is going to do if she gets pregnant, you should not be having intercourse with her. This is a discussion that should happen before sex.

Now, if you are sticking your pecker in anything that moves, then you will wind up on that expensive(and emotionally empty) side of the fence. And I cannot say(with a straight face) that you would not deserve it.

:cool: