Male Cheerleader Suspended For Kissing Another Boy

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Oct 14, 2011.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Wow- it rally is an all-out war on us.

Good to see the kid's parents taking a stand.

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_...heerleader_Suspended_For_Kissing_Another_Boy/

2. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Sounds like invasion of privacy, without due cause. Big Homophobe Brother.

I would sue for emotional damage.

3. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

It's crazy! The bigots are really feeling threatened if all they can do is pick on kids.

4. Andeavor macrumors 6502

Here we go again... :rolleyes:

I wonder how his squad feels about that. If I were them I'd suspend myself in protest.

5. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

We'll probably see worse before this gets better. Bigoted adults have already shown numerous that they have no problem hurting gay kids. This not the first time, and won't be the last. It's sick.

6. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

Something like this happened locally ( Washington state ) with two girls. The Principal pulled the parents in and showed the video to them. I think they tried to kick them out for violating some rule on public affection. I used to teach and the education establishment is so stiff. We need more public affection in this society, and I don't really care about the sexual orientation thing.

Dale

7. Hugh macrumors 6502a

Hugh

The school could have a rule on showing affection (kissing), but it would have to be applied to both straight and GLBT students. This is what they might say if it goes to court.

Hugh

8. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

What ended up happening?

9. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Can I get a copy of that video?

10. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Yeah. How many boy-girl kisses were "violations" under this rule?

This is just stupid as hell. Don't people around there have anything better to do...like pay attention to their own lives?

11. CaoCao macrumors 6502a

12. tktaylor1 macrumors 6502a

tktaylor1

To me this sounds like a person witnessed the event that took place and blabbed to someone, then the security tapes were looked at to prove it. At my high school the cameras were never looked at unless someone said something. Most schools have a no PDA (public display of affection) policy. This case falls under that rule. Maybe this school is really strict with that policy. I could see being kicked off the cheerleading squad, because the females never take place in such activities:D. Being suspended from school is a little ridiculous IMO.

13. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

A little ridiculous? What is ridiculous is a no-PDA (it even has a god-damn acronym for christ's sake) policy! How sad.

14. tktaylor1 macrumors 6502a

tktaylor1

Its the schools decision. Its always been like that ever since I have been in school and o don't see it changing any time soon. I could understand this policy in elementary and middle school but by the time kids hit high school you might as well hang it up. Most kids in my high school had sex before 9th grade.

15. CaoCao, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011

CaoCao macrumors 6502a

The problem is that it is rarely if ever applied at this school, but conveniently it happened to this kid

16. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

It is not weather or not it is a school rule. PDA I know was one of the rules at my high school but it was not heavily enforced at all.
    It more the unequal and unfair enforcement of the rule that is really in question not the rule itself.
    If they did that type of punish to Male-Female kissing then this would be a non issue but it is very safe to say that it is not the case.

17. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

In this forum, a nasty post might go entirely unnoticed if nobody bothers to complain about it. So too with NPDA. Most of the time, students will just ignore that kind of behavior, and there are not faculty combing the tapes for violations (unless, perhaps, for their own enjoyment?).

For het action, most complaints would arise out of jealousy or perhaps just because the couple are overdoing it and getting annoying. But many hets, especially boys, are really creeped out at the sight of two boys kissing, so that kind of action is much more likely to get reported. (Actually, the ones most likely to report are the Republican neo-Christian bi's who are deeply embarrassed at the "obviousness" the develop at the sight of forbidden pleasures.)

18. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

What is more efficient at solving this problem over letting the bigots of past generations die out? Is our best hope that people of all sexual orientations will get to see freedom at least a few years before all of the world coral is bleached, oil depleted, food and water scarce, and current uranium and plutonium fueled reactors?

We're in trouble folks...

19. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

The Glooorious Capitalist machine.

20. rever3nce macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

I live 20 min away from there and i have to say its pretty messed up. Its been all over the news down here in TX

21. tktaylor1 macrumors 6502a

tktaylor1

I wonder if there will be some kind of lawsuit for discrimination.

22. Illumination macrumors regular

Two boys kissed. Oh no. It's not like they were banging in the cafeteria or something.

I assume this is a school that still teaches abstinence over protected sex.

23. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Absolutely ridiculous.

I feel there's more to this story than we know. Also, was the other student also suspended?

24. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. ;)

What's this?? A gay boy on the cheer-leading squad!!! Well, I never ...... :rolleyes:

25. MorphingDragon, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011

MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

Nuh UUUH!

[​IMG]

Oh NO she di'd-eeent!

(I'll stop now)