MALIA OBAMA appears to be smoking a joint LOLLAPALOOZA

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Aug 10, 2016.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

2. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

You don't care but felt the need to post?

Not sure which, but you sure got issues.....

3. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

conservative media is having a field day because OMG the presidents daughter smokes weed, I don't care about that since I think it should be legal, better?

4. Limey77 macrumors regular

Good for her if she was! It's very hard to see what she's smoking and Americans aren't known for thei joint rolling skills

5. yaxomoxay macrumors 68020

yaxomoxay

meh. I oppose legalization, but meh. Who cares.
    Let her parents/cops deal with it. She's just the daughter of the POTUS, she doesn't have a role in government, so it's not my business

6. PracticalMac, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2016

PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

That video has as much creed credence as Trump telling "2ed Amendment people" to assassinate Hillary.

Used to be families of politicians where off limits.

Really, this campaign has reach the bottom of the septic tank.

(spell checker attack correction)

7. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

The president himself has smoked weed. So has the libertarian/Republican alternative Gary Johnson. So I don't really see the issue here.

8. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I wonder if the secret service took a test-drag to insure it was safe to smoke?

9. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

One could wish that were the case. We're not even into September.

At this point who would blame them (and I'm not even a fan of anyone smoking weed).

10. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

Obama doesn't typically use his daughters as a PR tool. He mentioned them when he won in 2008, but aside from that they rarely appear in public. This is really clickbait. They know that conservatives will read the article or at least watch the video. They also know that anyone who is annoyed that this was published will also click on the article.

Depending on the state, marijuana possession isn't typically prosecuted for small amounts. If someone was caught with a joint, they might receive a notice to appear in court and a warning upon appearance.

11. yaxomoxay macrumors 68020

yaxomoxay

Whatever, what I meant is that Malia smoking is not the country's problem.

The only thing is that she could've put the Secret Service in a weird position; I think they can't allow a crime to be committed in front of them...

12. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I hadn't thought of that. Good catch.

13. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

In other news: "chelsea clinton caught using Coke...."
    -tv interruption-

"My daughter is using ..or drinking coco-cola." -Hilary Clinton.

14. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

lol, who cares?

The only complaint here should be it looks like she only took one hit. It's puff, puff, pass Malia...

Typical right-wing trash rags trying to distract from their horrendous candidate and complete failure to do anything useful for the past 20+ years.

15. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

I don't care if she's over 18 or whose child she is. If she's over 18 she's an independent adult and I don't believe she has to suffer "sins of the father". Nor should the father suffer "sins of the daughter", especially if she is not under 18.

I care she's using illegal substances because, having known people who used them in the past, they are often wastrels of society. Again, I don't care what socioeconomic group she's in, she's frittering her life away and will probably end up being abusive or worse to others in the way many drug and other addicts end up being.

Assuming that is her. I feel sorry for whoever she is. In this day and age, it's amazing we don't have a larger problem with citizens on addictive substances to engage in wishful escapism with. If escape were that easy, we could all be free on this nasty world. But to be free tends to make more work, which is sad since that only shows how much lazier far more people truly are...
    --- Post Merged, Aug 10, 2016 ---
    Where were they when the Bush girls partied?

Oh, that's right, bad parenting from terrible evil irresponsible parents. That's Bush. Bush girls were always slime, but with Obama's it's just a puff puff pass and Obama can never do any wrong of any sort.

Typical liberal hypocrisy. Faux liberals...

16. samiwas macrumors 68000

Seems strange that the daughter of the President of the United States would just be out in the middle of the crowd at Lollapalooza.

17. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

Maybe she knows the truth about her dad....too much truth....

18. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

I don't agree with recreational use of marijuana, certainly don't endorse smoking anything, but it's her own business. Many kids her age have or do smoke/d pot. Leave her alone. The only reason anyone is paying any attention to this is because of her father.

19. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I don't think it should be legal. This doesn't surprise me either. The girl in the foreground seems like a classy young lady. About on par with the rest of the First Family associations.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 10, 2016 ---
    Am I the only one who opposes this?

20. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Woa, that went off the rails quick. Since when does smoking a joint a music festival lead to "probably end[ing] up being abusive or worse to others"? It probably leads to spending way too much money on cheesey fries after the show. In a small percent of instances, it leads to what you said. That is not a "probably" scenario.

Also, "frittering her life away"?? I don't have too many regrets, but I do wish I would have gone to more concerts and music festivals during my free summers after graduating from HS or after freshman/sophomore years of college. If anything, she is living her life to a fuller extent than many are able to do so.

21. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Does everyone in this thread smoke pot? I don't. Never have.

22. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I've read your posts dude. A couple of hits would do you good.

23. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Never. I like having my mind sharp.

Come on man. I lobbed one in there for you. nice and easy.

24. samcraig macrumors P6

Holy hyperbole. Your rant speaks volumes about you but not much about her actual future. Did you type that with a straight face?

25. samcraig macrumors P6

Who says she knows that person? Could be a random person near her that someone else knows