Man’s Facebook post about traffic stop goes viral

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Jun 8, 2019.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

https://wtkr.com/2015/10/29/mans-fa...uWJRzVy-dThe15Yubtd8D5tlQ0s9-WVTdibo_he8Mnpbs
    sometimes things are this simple.

2. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

oh giddy! this one incident negates all other historical and possibly ongoing mishandling matters.

what do you think worked favorably for this black man?

3. Solver, Jun 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019

Solver macrumors 6502a

Was this news plastered all over the main stream news media?
    (Sarcastic question)

4. raqball macrumors 68000

Act like a well adjusted rational person and skin color won't usually matter...

I am reminded of this video: (graphic language)

5. Solver macrumors 6502a

Then there was this lady who didn’t have a firearm, but is politically dangerous,

6. dogslobber macrumors 68040

dogslobber

7. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Liberals. “ not all Muslims are terrorist “
    Also liberals “ one good cop does not meant most are not thugs “

8. Solver macrumors 6502a

Why is that? Mr Hildreth was very civil and followed the officers instructions.
    You might be able to make that claim with someone else in a similar situation that exhibited very bad behavior and lived.

9. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

I think that type of generalization is typically a right-wing thing. Everything must either be black or white, you're with us or against us. Remember that? I don't recall seeing liberals here bashing ALL cops.

10. raqball macrumors 68000

Ye ole' merry-go-round. Please enjoy your ride.... :D :p

11. EEzycade macrumors regular

EEzycade

If you respect the officers and you follow their directions, nothing happens(majority of the time). As in every profession, there are always some bad apples.

12. Altis macrumors 68030

You have it backwards, considering how rarely an incident occurs at all given how many stops occur every single day.

13. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I wouldn't go that far. I would expect this to be closer to the norm than most of what we read about. Neither case examines the proportions of normal traffic stops vs those that involve shootings. The main issue with the others is that they should be virtually non-existent rather than simply represent a small percentage of overall traffic stops. There are also things which would improve this situation. Departments should be proactive about moving officers with anger issues or patterns of inappropriate behavior out of roles in which they may have to interact with the general public. Prosecutors should not be responsible for cases involving departments that they have to work with on a regular basis.

14. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I think it’s pretty clear the vast majority of traffic stops - even on black men wearing hoodies - go like the one in the post here.