Man Carrying Baby Brutally Attacked

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Apr 15, 2015.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

"Prep academy students".

bunch of worthless thugs entertaining themselves. 10 rds is not going to cut it.:eek:

2. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

Mr. Williams is a superhero.

I'd say let the skinny little kid who threw the first punch get into a ring - by himself, face to face - with Williams and see how that works out for him. :)

3. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

I don't like watching videos of people being attacked. Ever. Can someone break down the video for me and how it ended?

4. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

I hear you, me neither.

Basically Williams walked an older lady out to her car, one skinny kid came up and hit him from behind, then a swarm of like 30+ kids swarmed on him - it seemed like less about serious injury and more about just creating fear and pain. He was actually in the video in an interview after it happened, he looked fine. The report said he had "multiple bruises", but it didn't sound like anything too critical.

Apparently he had a baby in the car (I was a little confused on that part of the report), and when he managed to get back in the car, one of the kids almost punched his baby - he commented he was close to pulling his gun - I think that was a pretty amazing amount of control he exercised.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

One day these idiots will do this to the wrong person and come down with a fatal case of lead poisoning.

6. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

While I could understand why he'd want to (and be justified in it), the biggest concern there would be the safety of the baby. Going after the idiots with a gun, again, would be completely justified, but the baby would be more important to tend to, let alone not traumatize it any more than it would already be by almost being hit.

Amazing amount of control by the guy, and IMHO, he did the right thing. Justice will come to those kids that did this.

BL.

7. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

completely agree, plenty would have pulled out the gun or at the least drive through a few of the thugs.

8. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

I'd say it would work out pretty well for the kid.:eek: A man who just got mob rushed by a bunch of teenagers and didn't go medieval on their (_!_) doesn't strike me as someone who would beat up a minor. He would probably sit the kid down and talk about the kid's life choices.

As you noted. The man is a superhero.

9. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Wow. Those kids need a spanking. If I had a gun, it would have been drawn. That's some serious self control. Poor guy...

Thanks for the summary by the way.

10. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Nearly 2,000 aggravated assaults happen every day.

So what is that the discussion point ... whether one imagines that they would have pulled their gun or not?

I imagine that I'd have knocked their heads together, like in a Three Stooges bit.

11. samiwas macrumors 65816

Let me ask you this...since you obviously posted this as a "we need more rounds" position...

Say the guy had 1000 rounds. What do you think the outcome would be?

12. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I would say after the first several rounds, they would scatter like roaches when the lights turn on. It wouldn't be justified to keep firing at and bunch of fleeing teens.

13. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Pretty much, the thugs are only brave in numbers

14. samiwas macrumors 65816

The much more likely scenario is that at least one of those thugs also has a gun and he would be pumped full of lead himself before they scattered. The even more likely scenario is that in the melee of bullets flying, that numerous bystanders get hit.

15. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

It was a sea of thugs, let them get hit :p

16. boast macrumors 65816

boast

A slightly cleansed society

17. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

If he's white #blacklivesmatter, if he's black #herosaveshisbaby

18. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Not really ... once bullets start flying, even those that have guns will scatter. These teens do not seem like the harden banger type. Just a bunch of punks that wild out in numbers.

19. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

School punks with nothing better to do

20. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

This is something any attacker should know. While I don't condone violence in any offensive way, all bets are off when you attacked like this.

I support any type of gun to carry and conceal in case of such an event. We are unfortunately in pretty scary times and my past rants against packing denotes a view I used to have.

I recently got mauled by a big dog and my cop dog handler friend basically said I should pack even if it's against the law in California. When you are being viciously attacked, there is no liberal and no conservative politics, just staying alive and defending yourself.

I don't know how that man got jumped on like that and didn't shoot.
    From one report he was said to have a gun which he didn't use. I would have doled out some serious lead poisoning. Sorry I feel that way but let's see how other fellow liberals like me (green party) feels when they are attacked. I retain my other liberal views but all it takes is one attack to change one's views on gun control. I spent time as a gun salesman seeing every crazy right wing nut who thought the democrats would break in with federal agents and steal their guns, along with their stupid conspiracy theories, but it's all talk on their side (and the anti-gun side) and it's really about responsible handgun ownership.

21. samiwas macrumors 65816

Wait, so you foresee a scenario where this guy whips out his gun and takes out a bunch of the thugs then walks away? Please stop watching movies.

It's a nice thought.

So basically, once a good guy with a gun shows he has a gun, everything turns out peachy-keen. Word.

----------

It's very possible he thought "If I pull out my gun, they are going to pull out theirs, and I'm dead. I may just take the beating and stay alive."

Yes, this is a very distinct possibility.

Oh, wait...I forgot that good guys with guns apparently just hit their targets and take them out with precision, walking away afterwards as if nothing had happened.

22. boast macrumors 65816

boast

That's true. Good guys just need to learn to take a beating and move on. Bad guys will always win. Plus, they always have guns.

23. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    When you have to exaggerate, misrepresent, and put words in someone's mouth to make a point, chances are good you don't have a point worth making.

24. samiwas macrumors 65816

Apparently, you have a problem comprehending words. Try again.

25. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

Yeah, I'm still unclear what the impetus was to attack these random people. Though it doesn't appear any major bruising to his face, who knows that the rest of his body may look like. Psychologically he is probably quite traumatized- being suddenly attacked by a gang of 30+ people, essentially helpless, trapped outside with them, and with the risk of his child being injured, kidnapped, or killed. The guy is right, it's a good thing he did not retrieve his gun, as this could have turned very ugly.

All these kids need to be identified and punished appropriately. In the course of the punishment, keep them in school so they can continue learning and not disrupt/derail their education permanently.