Man sets underwear on fire after "accident" in Walgreens bathroom, prompts evacuation

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
the crazy abounds.
http://www.modbee.com/news/local/crime/article156753059.html?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

A Modesto Walgreens was briefly evacuated Saturday morning after a man set his underwear on fire in the bathroom.

The man, 45-year-old Andrew Cheadle, was caught and arrested on two felony warrants out of Sacramento but not charged with arson due to the reason he lit his pants on fire. Modesto Police Sgt. Steve Hinkley said he’d had an accident and was trying to get his underwear off but couldn’t, so he used a lighter to burn them off.

The incident occurred at the Walgreens at Standiford Avenue and Carver Road at about 9:20 a.m.

Cheadle threw the burning underwear in the toilet which quickly extinguished the fire, but smoke filled the bathroom, prompting an evacuation of the store.

Cheadle left the store, admitting to several employees that he started the fire, then headed south on Carver, said Modesto Fire Department Battalion Chief Randy Anderson.

Read more here: http://www.modbee.com/news/local/crime/article156753059.html?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark#storylink=cpy

A.Goldberg

macrumors 68020
Jan 31, 2015
Boston
I'm assuming he had some sort of physical impairment or disability that made removing his underwear difficult. Still, using a lighter to burn off your clothing sounds like a terrible idea.

It reminds me of the time a guy accidentally drove through the wall of pharmacy I was working at. :eek:

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
I'm assuming he had some sort of physical impairment or disability that made removing his underwear difficult. Still, using a lighter to burn off your clothing sounds like a terrible idea.

It reminds me of the time a guy accidentally drove through the wall of pharmacy I was working at. :eek:
probably thought you guys needed a drive through :p

Reactions: Eraserhead

LizKat

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
The most bizarre thing about this thread is actually the presence of the fourth item in the list the forum software came up with for "Related Items".... ?!?

AndWhatHasItemFourToDoWithTheRest.jpg

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
Is that's what is meant when they say burn that ****?

Maybe he was trying to feel the bern?

Every time you think you seen or heard it all..............PRSI comes through with new ****.

Reactions: steve knight

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Is that's what is meant when they say burn that ****?

Maybe he was trying to feel the bern?

Every time you think you seen or heard it all..............PRSI comes through with new ****.
everyone complained about the lack of real **** on others I thought I would deliver.

vkd

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2012
The most insane part is that he was arrested on two felony charges.