Man shot 3 people because he thought they were Middle Eastern

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Dagless, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

2. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

He's white, so he will not be labeled a terrorist or thug but just a mentally ill acting alone...

3. martint235 macrumors regular

martint235

Perhaps it should be changed to "Man shot 3 people because he had a gun and therefore felt he could"

How many lives is the "right to bear arms" worth?

4. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

the tens of millions that it has taken to secure and maintain that right.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 24, 2017 ---
    pretty straight forward hate crime IMO.

5. martint235 macrumors regular

martint235

Really? Tens of millions have been sacrificed to allow others to openly gun people down in the street or their school?

Millions seems an awful lot given that US military deaths for WWII didn't make the half million mark

6. nia820 macrumors 68000

nia820

The headline should be "Terrorist shoots 3 people who he thought were middle eastern". These white supremacist are getting out of hand. They feel embolden now. Who wants to guess who this inbred voted for?

7. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

8. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Possibly. We did see a rise in hate crime in the UK after the Brexit vote, so these things happen.

9. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Hopefully justice is swift and he never sees the light of day again.

10. Meister Suspended

Meister

Twisting this into a 2nd amendment thread are we?

Haven't seen one of those here in a while.

Let the bickering begin!

11. martint235 macrumors regular

martint235

Thought it was a fair question myself. While people shooting other people in the street isn't eliminated by gun control, it does seem to massively decrease.

12. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

The dude looks like what we called in my youth " a woodchuck" came out of woods and became mental!

13. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I thought you did not belive in hate crimes?

14. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

Whatever it takes.

Hope this guy is fried soon

15. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

If it's proven he killed due to hate crime, then President Bannon will award him the highest klan award…. the Meritorious Order of the Imperial Wizard.

16. BernyMac macrumors regular

BernyMac

Where in the USA is this decrease of "people shooting people in the street" via gun control?

17. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

18. martint235 macrumors regular

martint235

Errrrm I know this is going to be difficult but if you walk west or east till your feet get wet, well the world doesn't really stop there. So if you look at the number of people shot per capita in countries where it's illegal to walk down the street with a gun, you'll see a noticeable drop compared to the US

19. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

This is outrageous and we need to act quickly to prevent the savages in Kansas from hurting other Americans. I call for an immediate travel ban for all the people of Kansas and building a wall around the entire state.

20. poloponies macrumors 68030

"Possibly???" He's spent the last year and a half preaching about how dark people are coming in this country to either rape or blow us up or both. Did Trump put his finger on the trigger and pull - certainly not - but he has made it reasonable for people to act out of fear.

21. BernyMac macrumors regular

BernyMac

Errrm, you were the one who brought up the "right to bear arms". There is no difficulty in walking east to west as I have spent time immersed in many different countries and cultures, which gives me a unique perspective in their mentality and their thoughts on guns. I know this is going to be difficult, but if you spend time in those places where you walk to until your feet get wet, the cultural differences are incredibly enormous. There are cultures where honor and name are placed above all else, the elderly are respected, family is of prime importance, saving face is a must, authority is beyond question and the collective is prioritized over an individual. The USA revels in its uniqueness, its individuality, personal rights and its arrogance in the face of authority and questioning that same authority.

I am asking in the context of you bringing up the "right to bear arms" which I believe is quite unique in the USA. So no, you cannot get away with that goal post change and just bring up other countries and claim if it works there it will work here, because you or anybody else cannot, with utmost certainty, know that it will work here.

The question stands...Where in the USA is this decrease of "people shooting people in the street" via gun control?

And if gun control becomes the law of the land, how do you keep the criminal element from getting guns and pushing their violence on the law abiding citizens?

22. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

not sure where you got that....

23. BernyMac macrumors regular

BernyMac

It is NEVER reasonable to act out of fear. The orange man should not be given credit, he is being used as a tool by those who act out of fear. People who commit atrocities are accountable for their actions, not Allah, not God, not the Force, not the Schwartz, not Obama, not the man with the funny hair and orange skin!

24. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

So Trump didn't pull the trigger but Trump made it possible for people to act on fear and kill someone. Remember that logic when the next terrorist attack occurs and so and so proceed to tell us it's not "Islam".