Man, this is annoying. Sold out in 1hour

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sean4123, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Sean4123 macrumors 6502

I was on Apples website, ready to order, but was turned away because I did NOT want to ship it to my parents house. I read in a thread on here that you couldn't change it... So I decided to wait until my parents woke up in 5 hours to see if they would be home to pick up the iphone on the 21st.

I get a text from my mom saying yes she'd be home. I hop on Apple's site and app, and it's already quoting 2 weeks out... That is insane. One hour into the preorder process?

So I order later that day after finding out AT&T is no better option wise and then realize you can change your shipping address!!!??? Man I wish I wouldn't have over thought this after reading "iPhone Launch Tips" threads on here.

So my question is, is there a chance that people that are still going to have a chance at getting their phones at launch on the 21st, even though its quoting 2 weeks out? Has that happened in previous launches?

I realize that it's just a phone and I should be fine waiting. I just can't help but be annoyed that I didn't pull the trigger at 1:03 AM mountain time when I had the chance.

2. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

S T O P IT Use one of the dozen other threads!!!

3. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

NO! No chance you will get it launch day.
    That is all/

/thread

4. Sean4123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Relax dude. You need to calm down.

5. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

you don't live near an apple store? you can just walk in and buy one day of,forget all the pre-order BS

6. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

I very seriously doubt you'll get your phone early. Didn't happen last year. At least not launch day. Maybe not a full 2-3 weeks, but wasn't launch day.

Although...

Many ordered online and got 2-3 weeks only to walk into AT&T, etc.. on launch day to find they had stock.

7. Stetrain macrumors 68040

There will still be stock at Apple stores on the 21st, even though preorders are 'sold out'. They allocate a certain amount to preorders and a certain amount to stores.

If you really want to get one on launch day you could try getting to an Apple store really early. If you get one then you could cancel your preorder.

8. Sean4123 thread starter macrumors 6502

That's probably true, but I've got a feeling that this launch is gonna be different. They obviously had a way bigger demand for this one then the others...

9. Benenstein macrumors regular

Apple stores seem to only exist across the street from each other in major cities. I live in central Illinois...not even the capitol of Illinois has one. I could go to the one in Chicago; 100 miles away, or St. Louis, also close to 100 miles away. Consider yourself lucky to be able to just drive a few minutes to the Apple Store.

10. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

No. You're the one bitching about not being able to get a phone when you want it in the 15th thread on the topic in this forum. Another whiny "Why can't I get what I want when I want it!" thread. If I were a mod, the iPhone forum would have 3 threads in it at this rate.

11. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

wow i live in RI the smallest state and i have one 5 minutes from my house and another 35 miles away lol

12. Zetaprime macrumors 65816

Yeah, right..like there won't be mile long lines at all the Apple stores and the ones who camped out over night will snap up all the available inventory before you ever get a chance.