Man Trying to Kill Mouse Shoots Girlfriend

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
one may ask after reading this would be; why in the world would you shoot at a mouse?????

the chances of hitting it wouldn't be very good...... What ever happened to the good ol' shoe? ;)

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Yes, and my favorite quote:

State police said they won't charge Rugg, but advised against people shooting firearms inside.
Oh really. :rolleyes:

Roger1

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2002
Michigan
I should try this. We have a mouse problem, living in an old house and all. The traps just aren't catching them quick enough!!

edit:just had to complete a thought.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
He was very lucky in this situation. I very happy that his girlfriend is OK. Sounds like he is in need of fire arm safety training. Be sure that no human or pet is in the line of fire prior to shooting. :(

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
wdlove said:
Be sure that no human or pet is in the line of fire prior to shooting. :(
Also, of course, make sure the inside of your house is not in the line of fire.... :rolleyes:

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
I've seen people hunt birds with bows and arrows, and rabbits with 22cal pistols? And have you ever heard of shot guns?? Sure you could hunt a mouse with a gun.

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
Sheesh, it wasn't like he attacked a mouse with a sword and stabbed his girlfriend, now that would have been ridiculous.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
Macmaniac said:
Only in America do we need guns to kill vermin. What next? Man kills several people with assault rifle in attempt to kill rats.
New Rat killing design! Motion activated! Filled with 20lbs of TNT!
It is the....LAND MINE! :eek:

JFreak

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2003
Tampere, Finland
anyone who has ever had a brain knows that firing a gun INSIDE will likely lead to a hearing damage. the man is just plain brainless...

mslifkin

macrumors regular
May 14, 2004
New Jersey
Phat_Pat said:
one may ask after reading this would be; why in the world would you shoot at a mouse?????

the chances of hitting it wouldn't be very good...... What ever happened to the good ol' shoe? ;)
Well, maybe the mouse was armed!:D Good thing it was only a .22, and not a shotgun. Absolutely amazing!

Marc

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
State police said they won't charge Rugg, but advised against people shooting firearms inside.
That's right. Because there are no people outside. You could never accidentally shoot your girlfriend outside.

Better advice would be this: if you're too stupid to make sure no one is in your line of fire, sell your gun.

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
powermac666 said:
Hmm, do you think there really was a mouse at all??? :D
That's right, this guy made up the story about a mouse so he wouldn't look stupid for shooting his girlfriend in the arm.

I'd say that was ridiculous, but I suppose anyone dumb enough to shoot a mouse in his house would think that was a reasonable excuse for shooting his girlfriend.

wPod

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2003
Denver, CO
in the construction world ive always heard to solve a problem you "need a bigger hammer"

well in this case i think the same thing applies, he just needs a bigger gun! come on, a 12 gauge shot gun would sertainly get the job done. the spread of the shot would certainly hit a larger area than a .22 caliber hand gun. that means he would be more likely to hit the mouse!

EVERYTHING IS BIGGER IN TEXAS!!! YEEE HAAAWWW!!!

<cough> er sorry, i dont know where that came from. as the NRA would suggest, i would recomend proper gun training and to not discharge a weapon inside a house nor outside a proper range or hunting area.