Man Uses Airport Runway To Give Girlfriend A Driving Lesson

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by themoonisdown09, Mar 20, 2009.

1. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

Article link

2. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

3. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

Jail time, come on get a grip.

The managers son done a reckless and stupid thing though i would suspect it was a common occurrence as the article says the runway is rarely used after a certain time.
    Another this that i do not understand her, the person responsible is obviously old enough to drive and there for is a legal adult and able to leave home so i do not understand the reasoning in punishing his father for his crimes.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

She must have needed the wider lanes. How bad of a driver was she?

5. andrewsd macrumors 6502

females and driving =SCARRRRYYYYY

She is a women enough said...ahhhhhhhhhhh:eek:

joking of course... well sorta;)

6. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

I didn't necessarily mean punish the father, if the kid is old enough to drive then they can take punishment as well.

Maybe jail time is harsh, but there should be something -- a huge fine, impounding, license suspension. Driving around on an active runway is ridiculously dangerous. I'm pretty sure if I started driving my car around commuter railway corridors, or sped down the freeway in the wrong direction, or started campfires in a propane facility, or something equally dumb that would not only put my own life but DOZENS of other LIVES at risk, that the police would have some serious things to say about it. I can't think of too many things I could do that could end up in a bunch of people perishing in a FIREBALL like the pilot was quoted as saying.

7. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

The important thing there is "I" not your parents or distant cousins or friends. You, you yourself are responsible for you actions and no one else should be held accountable.

8. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

Why are people here making sexist comments about it being a female driver?

It was the decision of, under the supervision of, following the directions of, the responsibility of the man involved. The police seem to agree too - they are charging the man, not (apparently) the woman.

BTW insurance rates are lower for female drivers too. Huh. There's at least one large female-only insurance company here.

9. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

The Father is being held responsible, for if he wasn't working there, the son would not have had access.

10. Mr. lax macrumors 6502

Thats still crazy, i would think that the father would get laughed at and the son would get jail time

11. angelneo macrumors 68000

I think it's ground for dismissal when the father allow unauthorized personnel on the runway. Whether or not it caused an accident is secondary in the reasoning for sacking him.

12. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

Yes, I agree, the official responsible for allowing access (in this case the father) also bears some responsibility. My point still stands: why make sexist comments about it being a woman driver?

13. QuantumLo0p macrumors 6502a

QuantumLo0p

When I first read the OP title I thought, how in the hell could that happen?!

Then I read it happened in the Philippines. Makes sense now.

At my local Int'l airport they would have been taken out with a barrage of machine gun fire.
    :D