Man wins right to wear pasta strainer in license

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mac'nCheese, Jul 16, 2011.

1. 184550 Guest

Just because you technically can doesn't mean you should.

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

If the guy really wants to do that then great. But I kind of feel sorry for him since he seems to have nothing better to do with his life than try to make fun of religious people.

3. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Maybe he's not making fun of them. Maybe he's trying to make this world a better place by spreading the truth about man-made religion and how silly and destructive it can be. A noble cause to some.

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Meh, most of the people I've seen who claim to be part of the church of the flying spaghetti monster seem to be doing it just to make fun of religion. Anyway, if you're an atheist, why should you care about what other people believe and if they choose to follow religion or not, unless you are really insecure iyour own beliefs?

5. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

On the other hand, he rather brilliantly pointed out the foolishness of Austria's law. No one should be allowed to wear obstructive, religious or not, headgear while driving.

6. CaoCao macrumors 6502a

Which this person has admitted to doing
    religious headgear which is always worn actually can aid in identification

7. Typswif2fingers macrumors 6502

Because so it happens, that we live in the world in which religious *******s kill innocent people for the sake of their religion..

Now when they are finished... Can we have our planet back?

8. CaoCao macrumors 6502a

I'd like to point out that Muslims who kill people "for their religion" are actually using it as a cover

9. Mac'nCheese, Jul 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2011

Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

What does RL stand for?

Then you don't know much about their church. It was created not to make fun of religion but to point out how silly they think it is. And caring about other people's religion has nothing to do with being insecure about your beliefs, its about being fed up with religious people controlling this world, this country and all the evil that people do in the name of religion.

10. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

We also live in a world where atheists kill people for being religious, and other people kill lots of other people for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with religion. I think we had this debate a few weeks ago though so no real point in doing it again so soon.

11. CaoCao macrumors 6502a

Real Life
    objection, the USSR and PRC only killed more people than all previous religious conflicts

12. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

So we shouldn't try and stop the religious murders since other people also kill people? And how many atheists ever kill religious people? Any where close to the amount killed in the name of god?

Is everybody who disagrees with you a troll, too? Or just the atheists?

13. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Basically what I said in the last thread we debated this in, and is still my opinion and I think backed up by facts, is that people will use any ideology to kill other people. If you get rid of religion you get rid of the good that goes with it, but you'll still have the bad. I know you'll disagree with me, so why don't we just agree to disagree rather than having this debate again.

14. Mac'nCheese thread starter macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Ok, fair enough. back to the topic. Did you see the guy with the pasta strainer on his head? It was pretty funny, right?

15. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Yeah, I will admit to laughing a little.

16. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

hmmmmm....I wonder if he passed the interview? :p

17. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Sure, it's all fun and games, until you get hit by lightning.

"God works in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform."

[​IMG]

18. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

An excuse for willful ignorance if I ever heard one. Nothing personal, but I'll take my chances with the lightning.

19. (marc) macrumors 6502a

(marc)

Pastafarians are incredibly annoying. They behave like 4-year olds.

20. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Who are you to decry his reverence for Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Being Touched by His Noodly Appendage is a life-altering moment.

And the meat sauce is excellent.

Attached Files:

21. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I'm sure he has plenty of time to do other things. Popping a strainer on his head doesn't take much time at all (try it).

As for making fun of religion there is, and absolutely should be nothing wrong with that. Just because it is revered by some does not mean it has to be by all. And there are absolutely absurd parts of religion. Like claims of the great flood, that women were made from a rib, that the world was surrounded by a firmament and on and on, that people can rise from the dead, that miracles are real, that water can be made into wine, and fish dinners multiplied. Trying to place religion as something sacred that is above being mocked is nothing more than a concerted attempt to place it above scrutiny. When you need to do that you know the case for it is incredibly weak.

22. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

I have no way of knowing who gave a "Down" to this post, but that error in judgement has been rectified. :p

23. kavika411, Jul 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2011

kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Wow. You've been sitting on that pent-up diatribe for some time now, eh? Let's go back and see the sentence that prompted that intellectual outpouring.

I stand corrected. mrkramer's comment was just begging for a bashing of religion.

My bad. I stand corrected again. mrkramer's comment was just begging for a bashing of what is clearly an emphasis - to the point of near exclusivity - of Christianity. Right, .Andy? His comment was essentially exclusive to Christianity, isn't that right? It must have been, else you wouldn't have seen it so fit to go after essentially only the one, and not Buddhism and Islam. Because to do that, would show your insecurity is with Christianity, and not the others, or else some sort of political-type favoritism. Right?

24. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

What's the difference? :confused: