Man wounded by accidental weapon discharge at 'Muslim-free' survivalist store-gun range

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Aug 19, 2015.

1. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

well it seems Allah was stronger then jesus in this case though the struggle caused abad shot.
    http://m.tulsaworld.com/news/state/...aab-ebe1-5252-93a0-73797060b1de.html?mode=jqm

2. Populism, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015

Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Waka Waka!

Just curious - exactly how giddy did this shooting make you?

3. sim667 macrumors 65816

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

5. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

yes, all gun owners are the same just like all liberals & all muslims & all christians :p

7. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    That's what I'm thinking. If someone shoots themselves for being dumb, well...that's what they get. If he learned how to properly use and respect his damn weapon, he wouldn't have a big hole in his wrist.

This is why I'm all about mandatory safety courses for people who want to carry, open or concealed. The first week should be a guy with a gun in one hand, a bullhorn in another, screaming "THIS IS NOT A TOY" over and over again.

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Can I buy a George Zimmerman Confederate Flag painting here?

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

ask Steve Knight, it is his thread .

10. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

you better be rich I bet.

11. FieldingMellish Suspended

Seriously, big deal. These kinds of things happen.

For example, the Dude, smoking a doobie while driving, dropped the roach right in the middle of his crotch. Yeah, that was messed up, but it doesn’t come as an indictment against smoking in general and pot in particular.

12. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

13. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Guns are not for "playing" with, but protecting ourselves with. Okay, I admit, target practice does feel a lot like playing. Lesson, be a responsible gun owner instead of a moron. At least he was the one to get hurt.

14. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

No, it didn't. But conflating Christianity into discussions about "gun nuts" or "white males" or Republicans or (even) Israel goes unchecked around.

Just, whatever you do, don't call Muslim terrorists "Muslim terrorists".

15. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    No, you can call a Muslim terrorist a Muslim terrorist, because they're Muslim terrorists. It's when you begin a sentence with "all those Muslims are..." that exceptions start being taken.

16. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

What's the analogy you're trying to make? That carrying a gun in public is as irresponsible as driving while high (which is totally illegal)? I guess on that we agree.

17. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

The Allah reference may have something to do with the ILLEGAL "Muslim free establishment" sign.

Attached Files:

18. vrDrew macrumors 65816

From the linked article:

A responsible firearms owner doesn't use a gun as a prop or a toy. These idiots did.

19. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

I saw that part. It was more the assumption this was a Christian group. So I should have worded it better and maybe asked where the vs Jesus came from.

20. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Fair enough.

But hypothetically, if you had to guess what religion the store owners identify with and put money on it, what would your guess be?

21. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I think what you missed is that the statement was obviously said in jest.

I wouldn't spend too much time trying to make sense of a statement intended to be ridiculous.

22. tshrimp, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015

tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

The owners could be any religion or none at all (would guess probably not Muslim :)). I think there are many groups, individuals, etc who might be a little leery at this point.

23. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Rednecks and guns, had to happen sometime.

Luckily they don't sell lawn darts there.

Do like the sheriff's comments about the place.

24. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

not sure how they are the same. Driving under the influence is operating heavy machinery while unable to make sound and reasonable decisions. Carrying a gun in public has no impact on your ability to make decisions. (Yes, I just set up the T-ball with that statement) If you aren't playing with it, it should be no more dangerous than than the pot in your pocket.

This is the same behavior as the guy doing 90 and cutting people off as he weaves down the interstate or the one joyriding on construction equipment. It was reckless handling of a device that requires attention and respect.

25. samiwas macrumors 65816

And if it hadn't been him? You have repeated numerous times how "if you don't like guns, don't buy them" and how no one else's gun affects you. Here is proof of my problems with letting any ol' person carry in public. THIS time, when his gun fell out and misfired (which we've been told is practically impossible), it hit only him. Could have easily fallen a different direction and hit someone else, possibly someone outside the gun store. And you wonder why I don't trust letting just anyone who wants to carry in public.

Oh, great. So, let's send more people out into the streets with their guns. You know, guns just fall out of their holsters and fire all the time, no big whoop.

Seriously? Is this normal thinking amongst the gun crowd?

I'm sorry, is smoking a doobie while driving a legal activity? If someone's ash falls off of their cigarette in their car, can it fly out across the highway and badly burn someone else? That is quite possibly the worst analogy I've ever read. Congrats.