Manafort Sues Mueller/DoJ

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Jan 3, 2018.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

2. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Manafort picked a bad day for a distraction.

3. Rhonindk macrumors 68030

Rhonindk

4. jdillings macrumors 68000

Interesting because this case will end up going to the Supreme Court and I could see the current court with Gorsuch siding with Manafort.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Just trying to delegitimize Mueller and his investigation. Bad day for the book excerpts to be released as this will get lost.

6. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

That was my first thought when I saw why he was suing. I don't think this will go anywhere. This isn't exactly the local sheriff's office going into your house for evidence without a warrant. He may hurt his cause more than help it.

7. Rhonindk macrumors 68030

Rhonindk

In its current state it is a fishing fleet writ seriously large.
    An endeavor like this needs a better defined set of boundaries / guidelines.

8. SoggyCheese macrumors 6502

SoggyCheese

Trump and co. might actually be committing treason, and you want to only investigate the possibility of parking offences?

9. Rhonindk macrumors 68030

Rhonindk

What planet are you on? Make that what galaxy are you in? Definitely not this one :rolleyes:
    Love the way you reverse reference terms. Sad.

Under the current "design" they can go as far abroad as they want in whatever direction they want ...
    Ran across this from last summer .... (ARTICLE)

10. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Not you - but some on here believed that it doesn't matter whether Russia hacked us or laws were broken to reveal Hillary's emails. They suggested the truth was more important how the emails were obtained. Some even used the excuse that it was ok because we (the US) hacks other governments.

To those I would say you can sit this argument out. If you didn't object to how emails or other information was captured, then you can't get on a high horse now and claim that legally obtained documents are a problem just because of some defined/not defined scope.

11. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Did Bill Clinton’s inquiry start or end over a blow job.

12. Rhonindk macrumors 68030

Rhonindk

Don't minimize or trivialize the issue. Investigate it all you want however there needs to be set boundaries. Under the current "design" the SC can find out Person A did this illegal or semi-illegal act as a freshman in college, get you to speak to it, then slaps you for lying if you don't get it correct. (I know, extreme example but is allowed under current guidelines).

Based on the current method, you can just about get anyone on something and it doesn't have to be relevant to the actual issue.

Mueller is looking for corruption island while his staff is deep sea fishing.

JMO YOMV ;)
    --- Post Merged, Jan 4, 2018 ---
    Neither. Go ask Newt Gingrich, Bob Livingston, and Dennis Hastert.

13. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I'm ok with Mueller's scope. There's enough shadiness in the Trump camp that needs to be exposed. Feel free to apply that elsewhere.

14. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Bannon has been using the treason word around Trump according to the book. So it’s not exactly far fetched now really.

15. Rhonindk macrumors 68030

Rhonindk

Bannon is far fetched. We ought to put him, Waters, and Green in a room. That would be entertaining :D
    Might make a great SNL skit.

16. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

The problem is the general premise of the book, that trump didn’t want to be president and wanted to just make a lot of noise matches the behaviour of most of the right wingers who support Brexit and still don’t have a coherent proposal for it 18 months after the referendum.

So much of what is in the book rings true with that.

17. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

Hey, if we can sue all the executive orders and policies the President issues, ( Even if its covered under the Constitution like immigration ) why not this?

18. DoubleFlyaway macrumors 6502a

DoubleFlyaway

The odds of that are miniscule— given how miniscule the Supreme Court docket is.