Manchester Arndale iPhone 6/6 Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockett

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Hey, I know there is already a thread about Manchester, but I thought I'd set up a thread about the Arndale specifically. I will be queuing through the night and posting updates about stock levels and queue numbers. Hope to see you all there on the night! :apple:

batwolf

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2014

----------

Hey, I know there is already a thread about Manchester, but I thought I'd set up a thread about the Arndale specifically. I will be queuing through the night and posting updates about stock levels and queue numbers. Hope to see you all there on the night! :apple:

what time you thinking of getting there and where do we queue my first time and not sure lol

Lockett

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
where will the queue start? Is it by the birdcage?
I've been told it's the corridor the runs parallel to that one, it comes out next to the car park spiral. I'll ask the Apple Store later and report back here

DavidWildJnr

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2011
Manchester UK
I've been told it's the corridor the runs parallel to that one, it comes out next to the car park spiral. I'll ask the Apple Store later and report back here
It was moved to there last year. We queued in the corridor for most of the night, fingers crossed its the same this year.

SkintightJ

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
It was moved to there last year. We queued in the corridor for most of the night, fingers crossed its the same this year.
Ok, cool, thank you.

What is a good time to join the queue? I know some will be there at 17:00 today, but I don't really fancy that.

DavidWildJnr

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2011
Manchester UK
Have you heard anything about stock levels from the store?
No. Its all conjecture until the tickets or e-tickets are handed out. The only response we got last year is the corridor section have easily got a full choice of size, model and colour. I was third so was not worried. I would be interested to see what the e-ticket system will be like. If it is used in the UK.

Lockett

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
I'll be posting snapchat updates on queue sizes to my story if anyone wishes to follow. my username is mattlockett41.

SkintightJ

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
No. Its all conjecture until the tickets or e-tickets are handed out. The only response we got last year is the corridor section have easily got a full choice of size, model and colour. I was third so was not worried. I would be interested to see what the e-ticket system will be like. If it is used in the UK.
Could you tell me what time do you think I should get there to be in the corridor area? Thank you for all the info :)

DavidWildJnr

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2011
Manchester UK
Could you tell me what time do you think I should get there to be in the corridor area? Thank you for all the info :)
Based on last year and assuming the same entrance. We started at 20:00 . The next group came around 22:00 - 23:00. So I would say before 23:00. After that the very large group turned up and were letting people into the queue. Have a quick look at the [iPhone 5s/5c - Manchester Arndale - UK] thread.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1634593&page=4

Last edited:

vito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2006
Manchester, UK
They let us into the corridor about 23:30 (about) from what I can see from last years thread.
Ah don't remember them doing that for the 5, didn't queue up last year was on holiday.

Based on last year and assuming the same entrance. We started at 20:00 . The next group came around 22:00 - 23:00. So I would say before 23:00. After that the very large group turned up and were letting people into the queue. Have a quick look at the [iPhone 5s/5c - Manchester Arndale - UK] thread.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1634593&page=4
I remember folks jumping the queue, bit concerned about that happening again this time around.

DavidWildJnr

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2011
Manchester UK
Ah don't remember them doing that for the 5, didn't queue up last year was on holiday.

I remember folks jumping the queue, bit concerned about that happening again this time around.
The security told us that Greggs and SuperDry got a bit fed up with the queue blocking their shops until noon on Friday for the 5 launch and this was one of the reasons for the entrance change.

I will be there as early as I have company.

SkintightJ

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
The security told us that Greggs and SuperDry got a bit fed up with the queue blocking their shops until noon on Friday for the 5 launch and this was one of the reasons for the entrance change.

I will be there as early as I have company.

Bleurgh I'll be on my own :-/

Is it usually the smaller or larger gb phones that sell first? I'm after a 128gb iphone 6.

SkintightJ

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
Just add a post when you get there....[/QUOTE]

I'll prob get there wayyyyy after you so I'll be hundreds of places back. I have a dog and a cat and my partners away on business and I don't want to leave them at like 19:00 so I'll be getting in the queue about 1:30 I think, I'll just have to cross my fingers.

DavidWildJnr

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2011
Manchester UK
Just add a post when you get there....
I'll prob get there wayyyyy after you so I'll be hundreds of places back. I have a dog and a cat and my partners away on business and I don't want to leave them at like 19:00 so I'll be getting in the queue about 1:30 I think, I'll just have to cross my fingers.[/QUOTE]

I might be wrong about the times. Best to look at last years thread.

SkintightJ

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
I'll prob get there wayyyyy after you so I'll be hundreds of places back. I have a dog and a cat and my partners away on business and I don't want to leave them at like 19:00 so I'll be getting in the queue about 1:30 I think, I'll just have to cross my fingers.

I might be wrong about the times. Best to look at last years thread.[/QUOTE]

The time-stamps are like all messed up haha.

I think the times you state here seem like a good reference.

So I read that Apple employees are going to greet the queue at 5:00am. I don't know if that's US only?

DavidWildJnr

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2011
Manchester UK
I might be wrong about the times. Best to look at last years thread.
The time-stamps are like all messed up haha.

I think the times you state here seem like a good reference.

So I read that Apple employees are going to greet the queue at 5:00am. I don't know if that's US only?[/QUOTE]

They came to see us when starting work about 23:00 and came back around 05:00 - 07:00. chatting.

Status
Not open for further replies.