Manchester UK

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by parmoz, Sep 6, 2014.

1. parmoz macrumors newbie

2. DavidWildJnr macrumors regular

DavidWildJnr

The Arndale Centre?

Which store are you going to? I will probably go to the Arndale.

3. vito macrumors 6502a

Same here, but could give Trafford a shot this time.

4. batwolf macrumors newbie

did any off use line up for the 5s if yes was it packed what time is the best am either gonna go trafford or arndale but may pre order

5. DavidWildJnr macrumors regular

DavidWildJnr

I queued at the Arndale last year. The queue started to grow about midnight. The staff kept the queue in order.
    The year before I was at the Trafford, the queue stArted to fill up at around 0100 the queue control was non existent and people pushed to the front, from the door to the inner queue was a free for all. Reports were that the 5s/c last year was the same.

6. screwtinizer macrumors newbie

I was at the Trafford centre last year for the 5s. Crowd/queue control was very good compared to the previous year. I got there about 2.30am and was approx. 200th in line! Line virtually trebled in size by 8am but by that time Apple store employees had been down the line issuing tickets - so if you got a ticket you knew you were not queueing for nothing. Of course, the majority of people took two tickets each anyway and the scalpers were out in force coercing people to get two tickets even if they didn't want the extra with a view to buying the tickets from them for a few quid (no really!).

Just look back at the thread for Trafford centre 5s launch for expanded opinions.

7. Ggvfvgbffbf macrumors member

Anyone know from previous experience what the odds of getting a new phone at the Arndale / TC are, say, a few days after launch?

I realise it will be utter carnage on Friday/Saturday/Sunday and impossible unless I queue for hours etc but what will it be like on the following Tuesday or Wednesday for example?

Would it be possible to walk in and get a 16gb 6+?

Anyone know what stock levels tend to be like in store the week after the launch? Are there still major queues?

Cheers.

8. Mercenary macrumors 6502a

Why queue. They still have some models available to pre-order and pickup in store. You get to use the pre-orders line that way.

https://reserve-gb.apple.com/GB/en_GB/reserve/iPhone/availability

9. Ggvfvgbffbf macrumors member

10. JUiCEJamie macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

I think it could be Trafford for me this time..

I queued for the iPhone 4S, 5 and iPad 2 at Arndale, and whilst the queuing is always okay the release for iPhone is 8am. And I just don't like the vibe of being stood alongside the road where the birdcage is on at that time of night.

So, when the 5s came out, I set on giving Trafford a try. I read some real horror stories about the iPhone 5 launch, although..

We arrived at around 10:30pm, and was somewhat around 100 or so in line. When we arrived metal gates had us already queuing in an orderly fashion. But scalpers and pushing started taking it's toll just before the folks from the store dished out the cards.

Trafford was probably only slightly worse with people pushing eutectic, but with Trafford you get to wait inside/outside the shopping centre (if that makes sense?), whilst you're not inside.inside, the start of the queue is still covered overhead.

Any one else?

11. DavidWildJnr macrumors regular

DavidWildJnr

Sheltered Queue

The queue location at the arndale changed last year and the first 100-200 were in the corridor by the carpark from about 11.

12. JUiCEJamie macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

From 11pm? That's pretty interesting to know. You mean the corridor alongside where Greggs is? (Trying to picture which corridor).

13. DavidWildJnr, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014

DavidWildJnr macrumors regular

DavidWildJnr

I can't say it was dead on 11 but there abouts. I think I may have put it in the thread last year.

The corridor is the next up the road from Greggs, just before the spiral down ramp for the carpark. Opposite a cafe and bookshop. Other queuers told me it was not the same entrance as the 5 launch.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7hcmrw89p6lhcuy/Screenshot 2014-09-14 16.58.56.png?dl=0

14. mits88 macrumors newbie

Hi, its the first time im going to a launch, i was wondering if anybody could give me a heads up on what time i should get there to queue? And if anyone knows how many handsets can one person buy? I think im going to go to trafford centre

15. DavidWildJnr macrumors regular

DavidWildJnr

Best people to ask about quantity is the Apple store guys.

16. mits88 macrumors newbie

Ahhh thanks just spoke to trafford who said they will confirm details tomorrow and arndale said one per person

17. johnnyenv macrumors member

Im guessing theres no point going to say the Trafford Centre to queue up and expect to get a 6+ seeing as theres nothing listed on the reserve list?

18. DavidWildJnr macrumors regular

DavidWildJnr

I am sure they will have separate stock for walk in / on the day purchases.

19. mits88 macrumors newbie

I thought they would normally have additional stock for on the day walk in customers and its a case of if you get there early enough you will get a handset but i am getting a call back from the trafford store today to get the details confirmed, i will post on here soon as i know, dreading getting in the queue haha

20. JUiCEJamie macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

If you want to have an iPhone and be out of the store for 9am on launch, then you'll have to get there around 10pm the night before. But they have enough stock to cater for hundreds of people, I've had friends in the past start queueing around 6am.. yes, they'll be waiting probably until after noon for a phone, but you should still get one.

21. macintimeuk macrumors newbie

Went to the TC last year got in line around 5am and got two IP 5s maybe go again this year

22. Frozentoast macrumors 6502

Frozentoast

Received confirmation from both Manchester Arndale and Trafford Centre stores that there will be stock for reserved and on–the–day purchases.

23. batwolf macrumors newbie

i am thinking of going at 5 am not sure on which store tho what would be better as i am getting the 6 and 6 plus any idea

24. mits88 macrumors newbie

I have confirmed you can buy 2 handsets per person

25. Ggvfvgbffbf macrumors member

Hi everyone.

Thinking of queuing on Friday at the TC as got the day off from work :)

Anyway, I don't mind the queuing, I can cope with that, but what happens when the doors to the TC are opened at 0500? Obviously there's a queue to get in but is it then a sprint to the actual Apple store which must be 100m away?

As I said, I can handle the queuing, but i do have some dignity and I'm not queuing to then have to run/fight my way to the actual Apple store entrance!

Appreciate any feedback from people who went last year.

Cheers.