Man's signs protesting was vandalized in NH.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by FrankBlack, Aug 14, 2007.

1. FrankBlack macrumors 6502

FrankBlack

Let me say right up front that I like the state of New Hampshire. Physically, it's a beatiful state. I'm thinking of retiring there in about another ten to fifteen years, hopefully. Being a New Englander, I don't mind the cold winters that much.

Sometimes, I read things that make me reconsider this though. This is one of those things. Link to the story

So, all this elderly ( I saw him on the tube tonight ) apple farmer did, was to express his disgust with the war in Iraq, and the Bush administration. The reponse was some knuckldragger running his signs down, and some other knuckledragger (or perhaps the same one) making threatening phone calls to him.

Makes you stop and wonder just how far the hard-line "Cheneyistas" are willing to go against people who don't share their views.

thoughts and opinions?

2. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Before the last election my father (a professional artist) painted a 6'x8' plywood panel of a big foot kicking a W out of the frame. We put it in our front yard (facing a well-trafficked state road) anchored to a couple of not particularly strong stakes in the ground.

The first night we had it up, someone stole it right out of our front yard. While angered, we responded by borrowing a fence post auger and mounting it 10 feet in the air on some 4 by 4s and lighting it all night with an outdoor floodlight. :D

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

This kind of behavior is not limited to one side or the other. See the story about the guy with the lifted Hummer that was vandalized.

Of course since he couldn't afford a high enough garage, by the libertarian argument it was his own fault for buying something he couldn't afford to care for. But that's another topic.

4. FrankBlack thread starter macrumors 6502

FrankBlack

Fair Enough. You could also draw a comparison to those nitwits who throw paint at women who are wearing fur coats.