Manually add people to People album in Photos?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Chabba, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Chabba macrumors regular

Is there a way to manually add people to the People album in Photos? I have many, many pictures of people that are not showing up in the People album, nor can I manually confirm them. I've added the ones it recognizes, but misses a lot of them.

2. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

Is it hidden under the Share icon? I know that's where I selected "this is not that person".
    Oh, if you add a person and it is a duplicate, just select a couple and click merge link.
    To add new people, just press the + to add

3. Sherifftruman macrumors 6502

I had a ton of random photos when I did the add people thing that were actually people it recognized in other photos but for whatever reason (sometimes obvious, sometimes not) it didn't pull in. So, I added them all in, combined the ones i knew immediately, then merged them into the correct people, then started going one by one.
    But, I do also have some pictures I'd like to include. I need to find out what the actual rules are for this. Do they have to be in any certain folder, as I have a good number of photos from vacations in separate folders going back a ways that I'd like to add. Do I need to transfer them elsewhere?

4. Chabba thread starter macrumors regular

I looked, but nope. I want to scroll through my photos and add them to the person's specific People album. I have over 7000 photos, and it has recognized about 200.