Many apps not working in ios 8.0.2(12A405) - Can I Downgrade to previous version?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by kristenanne77, Oct 5, 2014.

1. kristenanne77 macrumors regular

Subject says it all.
    Many of my apps now crash.
    I would like to go to a happily stable ios 7 xx.
    How can I do this? And what will happen to the handful of apps that DO work in ios 8 - will they then still work?

(I learned my lesson - no more trusting Apple - they have now reached "mediocre" level in my book):mad:

:mad:

Thanks
    K

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Apple no longer signs 7.1.2 but probably still sign 8.0 for your device (which you didn't specify).

3. Flore macrumors regular

This is probably not 8.0.2 but might be caused by the framework bug in the App Store.

Are these apps you have recently updated (or updated themselves)?
    If so, Apple is pushing out updates for those apps again, which fixes the issue.

4. kristenanne77 thread starter macrumors regular

I received a few app updates since i went to 8.0.2 but s few of my " go to" apps crash since i i haven't received an update for them yet.

Many people jailbreak their ipad but i was afraid to do so.
    Do you think now is a good time to do that? Maybe my apps will run again?

K

5. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

There is no jailbreak for iOS 8.

6. Woochifer macrumors 6502a

The 7.1.2 downgrade window has closed. Not sure if you can go back to iOS 8.0, but I don't know why you would want to do that, since 8.0 was much buggier in my experience.

You might want to try restoring your device to factory settings and reinstalling the OS onto a blank device. If it works fine, then try restoring your apps and settings from a backup. Just make sure that your device is backed up (IMO preferably a local copy on your computer).

I have a handful of apps that don't work properly either, but those apps didn't work well in 7.1.2 either. Otherwise, the stability and performance of iOS 8.0.2 have been at least on par with 7.1.2 with my phone.

7. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

I would like to move to your planet and subscribe to your newsletter. :apple:

8. X-X macrumors 6502

:) lol

9. Woochifer macrumors 6502a

Second star to the right. If you can beam to the moonbase station by 1745 GMT, the next ride might get you there by NYE. :cool:

10. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

What apps are crashing?

Do you know for certain if those apps don't work on iOS 8 or is it just a problem with your device?

11. MacTCE macrumors 6502

I'll take second spot in line.

12. unrealii macrumors newbie

Same thing happened to me on 8.0.2. I'm not sure what happened, but several apps which used to work stop working. At the same time the app store stopped searching for updates on new apps. I could only know if there were updates if I opened the app store and went to the updates section. I got fed up and installed 8.1 beta as my daily driver. I did a restore to 8.1 and the first time my phone ran warm and ate up the battery. I did another restore and seems to be working okay now.

13. kristenanne77 thread starter macrumors regular

(i can't figure out how to do those cool quotes)

<<<I'm not sure what happened, but several apps which used to work stop working. At the same time the app store stopped searching for updates on new apps. I could only know if there were updates if I opened the app store and went to the updates section.>>>>>

This is exactly what I have to do.