Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's system status page is reporting that as many as 20 percent of iTunes Store users are currently unable to make purchases.

The outage has been affecting users since 6 AM PDT -- some three hours -- with no estimate on resolution.

applesystemstatus.png
Update: The issue was resolved at 9:26 AM PDT.

Article Link: Many iTunes Store Users Currently Unable to Make Purchases [Update: Resolved]

gwelmarten

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2011
England!
Apple must be doing serious maintenance for there to be this many outages. Come on - get with it! Looks like the deterrent of Jobs instantly and publicly firing you if your product broke was a good thing - maybe Tim Cooke should bring it back.

jonasdamn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2013
also i can't update apps on itunes via mac. On iPhone via itunes it has updated, no success via mac

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
Apple must be doing serious maintenance for there to be this many outages. Come on - get with it! Looks like the deterrent of Jobs instantly and publicly firing you if your product broke was a good thing - maybe Tim Cooke should bring it back.

Is that just a sneaky way of saying, "Steve would never have allowed this"?

But you are right, Steve's "scariness" seemed to keep people from letting these kinds of problems.

musika

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2010
New York
Woah! Anybody else see that they brought back the list view when searching the App Store? Finally.

IMG_0001.PNG

mactmaster

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2010
Maybe it would be smarter to make a widget for the site that shows any Apple services that are currently down. That makes more sense than making a story and shorty after updating it with "Resolved."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.