Maps location wrong w/pics

Julien

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Just moved and Maps has my location in the middle of an Interstate (I75 south bound). It should be centered on the Star. I have even tried using the buildings Xfinity WiFi and it still in the same spot. Is there any way to ‘force’ the location to the correct position? When I ask fo directions I’m getting very skewed results.

Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 12.30.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 12.32.05 PM.png

Julien

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I have toggled Enable Location Services off and then back on. That is the only "reset" I know of. Is there Reset Location Services somewhere?

Nigel Goodman

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2017
UK
Not helpful, I know, but I've often been misdirected using both Apple and Google maps. When I'm on my way home, in fact, I now turn off any directions as soon as I reach a recognisable point on the journey. Since I know where I live that's not hard. Although, of course, keeping the map on is useful for road blocks, etc.

Some examples of misdirection. Going to the local garden centre, but from an unusual direction (I'd been somewhere else before hand), I was directed to the rear of the centre where there was no gate. Because the centre was on a dual carriageway it was quite difficult to get around the misdirection.

Similarly, on holiday staying at a caravan park. The maps (both) took me to near my caravan - which was on the edge of the park - but outside the park's boundary. I could see the caravan but could not get to it. Again, when getting near a place, I ignore the directions and follow the road signs hoping they will be more accurate.

When giving directions to delivery drivers for my house (using my post code and house number) they always end up at the rear of the house and are lost.

So it's not just Apple maps that are problematic, but all sat-nav directions have problems.