Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

giancoes

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2015
Puerto Rico
Has anyone figured out how to add favorite lines for the widget? Everytime I try to tap on the widget to see how to add it send me in to the regular maps app and I don't see any settings for it.

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Having the same thing here - cannot for the life of me figure out how to add a line to favourites.

alecc131

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2013
Same for me. Widget not working. In previous beta, playing with accessibility "Speech" settings forced widget to function. In beta 6, cannot get widget to work. Performs normally on iPads. However, does not work on iPhone.

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Working for me now in the latest beta, but quite convoluted: for whatever line you want, find a station it runs through. Tap the station to get live times. Tap the line you want. Tap "View on Map". Then tap "Add to Favourites" on the resulting menu.

Hopefully this will be refined before the final release.

Reactions: Applerx

alecc131

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2013
I just tried reset all settings, logged out of iCloud and iTunes/App Store. Did not fix problem.

Applerx

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2015
Working for me now in the latest beta, but quite convoluted: for whatever line you want, find a station it runs through. Tap the station to get live times. Tap the line you want. Tap "View on Map". Then tap "Add to Favourites" on the resulting menu.

This works for me in PB 6.

Only I don't need to tap "view on map", just add the station to favorites and all the lines running through there are added to the widget.

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
Are you guys still having issues? It was working fine for me since upgrading to iOS 10 but this afternoon it went blank all of a sudden and now doesn't display anything. I've favorited a few lines in the Boston transit system, FWIW.

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
Bumping this...it's been a few weeks and Maps Transit is still completely blank on my iPad mini 4, but working fine on my iPhone 6s. I've tried resetting all settings, restarting, and deleting and restoring the Maps app, all to no avail...this is driving me nuts! Of course this was one of my most used widgets before it broke, too...

warutledge

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2009
I know it's an old thread, but thought I'd share how I added lines. It's not really intuitive. @soy had it right though.

To get to a line/transit view, I zoomed into my current location while at BART. I clicked on the station icon. I clicked on a line. A menu popped up, I clicked it to "View in Map" or something such. From there, I could scroll down to add to favorites.

I'm not sure if there's an easier way to view lines. I was hoping that adding a favorite line would give me the train times in the Maps Transit widget.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.