Mar-a-Lago restaurants slapped with 15 health code violations

mac_in_tosh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 6, 2016
Earth
http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2017/04/13/mar-lago-restaurants-slapped-with-15-health-code-violations.html

I assume these are expensive restaurants, befitting the Trump image.

And since this comes from Fox News, let's not attribute this to the "crooked media."

"The January inspections were not the first time inspectors have found problems at Mar-a-Lago. Over the last three years, records show the club has been cited 78 times for violations that included chefs handling food without washing their hands, dirty cutting boards, a slicer "soiled with old food debris" and an "accumulation of "black/green mold-like substance" in the ice machine."

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
Some where hard to fix faulty fridges eminently.
The January inspections were not the first time inspectors have found problems at Mar-a-Lago. Over the last three years, records show the club has been cited 78 times for violations that included chefs handling food without washing their hands, dirty cutting boards, a slicer "soiled with old food debris" and an "accumulation of "black/green mold-like substance" in the ice machine.

DrewDaHilp1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2009
All Your Memes Are Belong to US
what facts are those? trump is cheap and this overpriced resort hires low end imported help and uses cheap equipment.
""The infractions were corrected on site, and the establishment was immediately brought into compliance," Lawson said on Thursday."
[doublepost=1492212726][/doublepost]
My friends at code compliance told me to not eat at restaurants. Ever. Any restaurant.
Ever watched that movie Waiting? Yeah I never send food back. I just don't eat it.

Reactions: MacNut and webbuzz

yaxomoxay

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
""The infractions were corrected on site, and the establishment was immediately brought into compliance," Lawson said on Thursday."
[doublepost=1492212726][/doublepost]
Ever watched that movie Waiting? Yeah I never send food back. I just don't eat it.
ahaha yeah that was a great, funny movie.
Well, funny until you eat at a restaurant.

Reactions: DrewDaHilp1

yaxomoxay

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
There are always a few people at work that bring in that mystery dish for potluck. Nope, nope, and nope.
The stuff I hear, man. The stuff I hear...
Now, three weeks on the new job... it changed my perspective on humanity already! ;)

webbuzz

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2010
The stuff I hear, man. The stuff I hear...
Now, three weeks on the new job... it changed my perspective on humanity already! ;)
Congratulations on the new job!

A good friend of mine is just retired from the FDA, I have to tell him to shut up when out to eat, about medications, etc..

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
I like selective quotes not everything was fixed but some where. fridges don't just jump into compliance rust does not vanish. throwing out all the meat would fix it but it would not make the fridges work right.
Still, the state inspectors allowed the luxury resort's main restaurant and beach club grill to remain open as staff scrambled to make several immediate corrections.

Among the "high priority" problems described as "potentially hazardous" were faulty fridges with meats stored well above the required 41 degrees Fahrenheit. For example, in the restaurant's walk-in cooler the duck and beef were measured at 50 degrees, while a ham was at 57.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/article144387254.html#storylink=cpy

Reactions: AlliFlowers

webbuzz

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2010
I like selective quotes not everything was fixed but some where. fridges don't just jump into compliance rust does not vanish. throwing out all the meat would fix it but it would not make the fridges work right.
It doesn't change what you quoted.

yaxomoxay

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Congratulations on the new job!

A good friend of mine is just retired from the FDA, I have to tell him to shut up when out to eat, about medications, etc..
Thanks!

Yeah I bet the FDA is another place where they see a lot of bad stuff...

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
"Hey, doll. Could you scare up another round for our table over here? And tell the cook this is low grade dog food. I've had better food at the ballgame, you know? This steak still has marks from where the jockey was hitting it."

Zombie Acorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
They wouldn't have allowed them to continue operating if they weren't in compliance on things like refrigerating meat. Maybe they replaced some parts and were on their way.