Marc Kasowitz: Trump Lawyer, Internet Bully

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jpietrzak8, Jul 13, 2017.

1. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Marc Kasowitz, the lawyer Trump has put in charge of dealing with his Russia scandal, knows how to deal with people who annoy him. Last night, after receiving an e-mail that ticked him off, he totally went off on the guy with a profanity-laden series of e-mails in response. Today, he's apologizing for his remarks, but I've gotta say, his remarks are eye-opening.

Here's the note that ticked him off. (The guy who wrote it, whose name has not been made public, had recently watched Rachel Maddow discuss a ProPublica article about Kasowitz.)

[​IMG]
    The responses? Well, the mods would probably kick me off the forum if I posted them, so I'll just direct you to the article so you can read them yourself if you are so inclined:

https://www.propublica.org/article/marc-kasowitz-trump-lawyer-threat-emails-maddow

2. UL2RA macrumors 6502a

UL2RA

3. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

Dude seems a little long in the tooth to be slinging stuff like that... at least on an electronic forum where it's easily reproduced.

4. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

5. samcraig macrumors P6

His apology is meaningless to me. He's a grown up. It was a tough work day and he was tired? Sorry - put on your big boy pants and just say you're sorry and there's no excuse. Don't try to blame it on anything other than you acted like an ass.

6. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Maybe Kasowitz should resign, although apparently the published reports that he might do so were part of what triggered the outbreak referenced in this thread. He's probably used to dealing with Trump in the biz world, including being used to Trump's inability to take direction. Still, he may feel he's in over his head now. The downside of Trump being a loose cannon in high office, the possible consequences of that for Trump, for himself, for the administration and the country could just seem too overwhelming.

During Clinton's administration when the impeachment process was underway, there were some issues trying to keep the private and government lawyering separated, but there was a concerted effort to manage it well. Apparently in this White House, even as the Mueller investigation just begins to ramp up, there's still a lot of chaos as some staffers don't have lawyers and yet seek advice from lawyers who are not representing them, etc. Doubtless that may be adding to any unhappiness and stress Kasowitz may be experiencing.

Bottom line though: Kasowitz needs to count to ten before responding in any way, via any medium, to any inquiry or even ad hoc remarks from any source. If he can't do that, he should resign before he inadvertently lands his client in more trouble than Trump is capable of generating for himself.

7. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I know, right?

This White House resembles high school more than anything. Immature, lots of bullying, lots of drama, lots of social media tweets and emails, lots of backstabbing, inner circle cool kids vs. outsiders, and complete with summer field trips to Europe. :D

8. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Imagine being a White House intern in with this crew. Holy cow.

9. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

My favorite part if I understand correctly is that he does NOT have security clearance, and this amongst other things will keep him from getting security clearance. So he's in charge of the president's defense, but will NOT be allowed to look at classified material. o_O That will be interesting.

10. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

He has the best people. Believe me, folks: he has the best people. Very smart. Very high IQ.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 13, 2017 ---
    A weird version of Grease with Donald as Danny Zuko and Kelly-Ann Conway as Sandy.

11. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Actually, neither party in this e-mail exchange comes off sounding reasonable. Imagine sending an e-mail telling a lawyer that they should not represent their client. That's just plain rude. And the reply was exactly what I would expect from a lawyer defending Trump, for Trump would have it no other way. Remember that one of Trump's early legal advisers actually did work for Joe McCarthy at one time (see link).

12. samcraig macrumors P6

True - but a lawyer should be able to show restraint - especially Trump's lawyer. I can't imagine it's his first email like this