Marc Lamont Hill urges democrats to reject #crookedClinton

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Meister, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Meister Suspended

Meister

... and not to bow to the establishment’s “fearmongering” and their “campaign of terror”.

http://www.theroot.com/articles/news/2016/08/marc-lamont-hill-green-party-breakfast-club/

2. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

So he basically wants a president that will bring this country way down, so in the next 4-8 years the left would be a stronger force. Wait ......Didn't we just go through the very exact thing? :cool:

3. Meister thread starter Suspended

Meister

Where did he say that?

4. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

It's the translation of what I quoted.

5. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Nope. Not going to do it. #imwithher #nevertrump

See, unlike you, I actually prefer people know at least a little something about serving people in a government role. Trump has only ever served himself. He has never had to run things through a congress.

You don't go from the mailroom to CEO. Why would the POTUS be any different? President is not an entry level position. And the crazy man on the street doesn't know more than the generals no matter what he thinks.

6. Meister, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016

Meister thread starter Suspended

Meister

#crookedClinton sure knows a lot about serving people bs and bombs.

Like putting Charlie Manson in charge of a prison for the criminaly insane, because he's got lots of experience with insanity and prisons.

7. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Sounds more like something Trump would do. He hires only the best people.

8. Meister thread starter Suspended

Meister

Donald J. Trump

9. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Interesting choice as a manager for an insane asylum, which is what I was talking about.

10. Meister thread starter Suspended

Meister

touche

11. samcraig macrumors P6

There are still people that think Trump isn't the fear mongering candidate? Really?

12. Meister thread starter Suspended

Meister

There are still people that think Clinton isn't the fear mongering candidate? Really?

13. samcraig macrumors P6

Deflection.

Trump during the entire Republican primaries and then during the election cycle has been the one running a negative campaign. I don't discount that at times, Hillary's campaign has gone for the jugular. But if you look at all of their speeches, answers to questions, etc. Trump's campaign is about pointing out everything wrong with very little about how he's going to fix it. Much of what Hillary has said is about her plans to move things forward.

Now you can hate Hillary all you want and love Trump - but that much is obvious. Trump is running the negative campaign. Start by looking at his twitter feed. And not just during the election cycles. Even years ago. He's a "bully" in the classic definition. He is constantly putting others down to assuage his ego.

14. nfl46 macrumors 604

Ah, so I went to his Twitter account and see that he just came out with a book not too long ago. Now, it all makes sense.

15. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Who is Marc Lamont Hill and why I am supposed to care what he thinks?

I'll never understand how endorsements sway voters....

16. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Hillary herself has said that Trump would be "dangerous" if elected president. That's clearly fear mongering.

I think you are paying more attention with how people say things and not enough attention to what they are actually saying. Trump can be blunt at times, but as I see it, his policies offer a change in the right direction from what Mrs. Clinton (who can really be considered the incumbent in this election) as been offering.

Putting aside all the rhetoric, here's what it boils down to: If you are satisfied with the way things have been going for the past 8 years and want more, vote for Mrs. Clinton, she's your candidate. But if you are not satisfied, feel the country is on the wrong track, and want a change, vote for Mr. Trump.

As @MadeTheSwitch has correctly pointed out earlier, it's a binary choice. For me, Trump was not my first, second, or even 5th choice in the Republican field, but now, compared to his opponent and all the scandals, lies, and baggage, I'll take Mr. Trump.

17. samcraig macrumors P6

I do pay close attention to what's being said. You're entitled to vote however you want. But let's not try and say Trump hasn't run a negative campaign. Hillary has said Trump would be dangerous. Trump said the same thing about Hillary. He's said she needs to be locked up. And so many other things. I'm not excusing Hillary. But to suggest Trump hasn't run a negative campaign - whether that's you or anyone, to me is laughable.

18. tgara, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016

tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

I'm not suggesting that at all. Both have run negative campaigns, that much is clear.

19. Meister thread starter Suspended

Meister

No they don't.
    You are repeating the ******* lefty looney narative.

Trump is simply calling out the establishment.
    There is no "positive" way to do this.

He is as little negative as possible under the circumstances.

20. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

What ****ing campaign have you been watching?

21. samcraig macrumors P6

You're funny and clearly ignoring many aspects of Trump's campaign over the last 18 months.

22. Solomani macrumors 68040

Solomani

Deflection noted.