March Activity Challenge

TheSkywalker77

Contributor
Sep 9, 2017
Don't have such a section! I open up the Activity app on my iPhone, tap awards at the bottom. I have recent, competitions, Limited Edition Challenges, Monthly Challenges, Close Your Rings and Workouts
Interesting. Try a restart of your phone and watch maybe? It'll take a bit of time for the different award sections to show back up but maybe that'll help. It's worked for me in the past.

mat_s

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2020
I am about to finish my challnege few days before due time. Now I need to run/walk 3,9km per day but I do avg. 7-8km (since it’s quaranteene time I can’t do more)

Reactions: jhfenton

Jason Hensley

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 6, 2018
Happy birthday to us! How did that movie marathon turn out?

I should wrap up my March challenge tomorrow by closing my Move ring.
Happy birthday to you too bud! The weather has been nice so I've been walking outside with the dogs most of the day. However I will be watching Apocalypse Now here in a few!

jonblatho

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2014
Missouri
Just closed out another day and I’m about 100 Calories above where I need to be to get to 27,700 Calories by the end of the month. Looking good so far.

Got the IWD award yesterday, wrapping up a perfect week for all three rings (my 8th in a row), and I’m 3 days short of the 1000 Move Goals award. I’d have gotten the latter a year and a half sooner if it weren’t for a cursed Health bug during the iOS 11 betas that made me lose everything. Ah, well, comes with the territory.
Almost there. I closed out the day yesterday with a total of 25,834 Calories, which is over 1,700 Calories ahead of the straight-line 894 Calories/day necessary to get to 27,700 Calories by the end of the month. So, I’m all but certain to get this month’s challenge.

Today was my 79th consecutive day of closing all three rings and I’ve lost just over 30 lbs in the process (alongside drinking more water, eating less, and making better choices about what I eat).

BenAigen

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2014
Up a hill
Almost there. I closed out the day yesterday with a total of 25,834 Calories, which is over 1,700 Calories ahead of the straight-line 894 Calories/day necessary to get to 27,700 Calories by the end of the month. So, I’m all but certain to get this month’s challenge.

Today was my 79th consecutive day of closing all three rings and I’ve lost just over 30 lbs in the process (alongside drinking more water, eating less, and making better choices about what I eat).

Well done - keep it going.

Ben

BasicGreatGuy

macrumors G5
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
With many runners, cyclists, (and other type of exercisers) in the challenge threads who use Strava, I wanted to mention two worthy free apps you can add to your Strava account, that you may not have been aware of.

https://klimat.app
Weather conditions from the beginning of your activity in your training log automatically.Weather emoji from the beginning of your activity in the title automatically.*Settings page where you can choose if you want weather conditions and/or emojis added to your activities and can set your weather summary language and units.Activities page where you can see a 14-day average of the conditions you've been active in.Pause activity processing at any time.
Premium
For $5 a year you get everything in free plus:
Choose your weather provider.Weather conditions from the end of your activity and from the minimum and maximum altitudes of your activity.Air quality data.Add city/region name to your activity's title.*Full access to all data: Activity Feel, Activity Time, Cloud Cover, Dew Point, Feels Like Temperature, Humidity, Ozone, Pressure, Temperature, UV Index, Visibility, Weather Summary, Weather Emojis, Wind Bearing, Wind Speed, Beaufort Scale Wind Speed, Wind Gust Speed, US EPA and China MEP air quality data.Choose your weather format: default, compact or custom. With custom you can you can include words or descriptions in any language, organize the fields in any order and remove or add any fields you want. Label the weather or not, e.g. 75°F vs 75.Include weather for virtual activities.Set where weather appears when there is already an activity description.No branding; remove " - by Klimat.app" from your weather description.
You can cancel your subscription at any time.

I use Klimat and it works great. I liked it so much, I decided it was worth upgrading to $5.00 a year.

------------------------------------
Elevate web browser extension for Strava - The extension is free and has limited browser brand support at this time.

Train yourself properly by tracking your fitness, fatigue & form over time. Avoid training overload or injuries and get ready for your D-Days and races!
  • Supports all sports. Ready for triathletes with swim support.
  • Works without sensors: case you're smartphone user.
  • Supports dated athlete settings. Namely the evolution of your physiological attributes over time (heart rate, weight, power, ...).

Year Progressions
Track your progress over the year and compare with previous years.
  • Filter by type of activities and years.
  • Filter commutes and indoor training.
  • Progressions' types:
    • Distance.
    • Time.
    • Elevation gain.
    • Activity count.

More stats on activities & segments

Also included
  • Export segments to your GPS (as Virtual Partner).
  • Best splits on activities.
  • Relive.cc integration.
  • Enhanced view of segments ranking & time diff.
  • Weather data for cycling.
  • Nearby segments.
  • And more...

Last edited: