iPhone Mark reminder as checked from Home screen

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by Jardins de Vin, May 21, 2018.

1. Jardins de Vin macrumors 6502a

Jardins de Vin

Is Apple removing features to reintroduce them as something new later, or am I just blind?

I recently went from iOS 8 to iOS 11. When you have a reminder and you want to mark it as checked from the homescreen or the Notification Center, how do you do this?

In iOS 8 I used to swipe in one direction and I had the option to do that. Now I can only open it or hide it. Is there some hidden move I haven’t figured out yet? Thanks anyway.

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

On the iPhone SE? Not sure but on my iPhone 8 if I touch and hold on the reminder I get options.

3. Jardins de Vin, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018

Jardins de Vin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jardins de Vin

Yep on the SE. It doesn’t have 3D Touch. But I just found it. There’s two buttons, one to “show” the reminder, another to “open” it. One opens the reminders app, the other opens another menu when you can mark it as done.

It was way easier to just swipe to mark it as checked, just like you do with emails. Apple, always subtly making things more complicated to be able to tell us how much they simplified the next time...

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

When I turn 3D touch "Off" I can swipe left, select "View" and "Mark as Completed".